An Old School Catholic Message Board

Poll To End All Polls

Basilisa Marie

Poll to End All Polls  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ToJesusMyHeart

Is this what I do personally or what I would impose?

For me, the two things are the same. But I think the poll is asking which you prefer.

For me, the two things are the same. But I think the poll is asking which you prefer.

I'm just curious, why are the same thing to you?

You can have your preference but accept the right of others to have and practice their own preferences, as allowed by the Church. 

I'm just curious, why are the same thing to you?

You can have your preference but accept the right of others to have and practice their own preferences, as allowed by the Church. 

Some things need not be allowed by the Church. ;)

Apparently Cardinal Ranjith sees no problem with making the traditional form of reception for Latin Catholics obligatory for all Catholics under his jurisdiction. :proud:

PhuturePriest

The discussion of "Should receiving in the hand while standing be allowed?" is up to the Pope. Pope Benedict was all for kneeling and receiving on the tongue, and he really advocated it for everyone else. He did not, however, make everyone do it. The U.S. is really the only place where this is a normal practice, and the Cardinals are adamant about keeping it. If the Pope says all Catholics must kneel and receive on the tongue, then I hope they do so with reverence and obedience. If the next Pope chooses to keep things the way they are, I hope Catholics choose to obey him with respect and reverence. I know what I would do if I were Pope, but I'm not going to likely ever be elected Pope, and I will leave this up to the powers that be (Even though technically there be no powers at this particular moment).

The discussion of "Should receiving in the hand while standing be allowed?" is up to the Pope. Pope Benedict was all for kneeling and receiving on the tongue, and he really advocated it for everyone else. He did not, however, make everyone do it. The U.S. is really the only place where this is a normal practice, and the Cardinals are adamant about keeping it. If the Pope says all Catholics must kneel and receive on the tongue, then I hope they do so with reverence and obedience. If the next Pope chooses to keep things the way they are, I hope Catholics choose to obey him with respect and reverence. I know what I would do if I were Pope, but I'm not going to likely ever be elected Pope, and I will leave this up to the powers that be (Even though technically there be no powers at this particular moment).

Stop saying things I actually agree with. It's weird. 

PhuturePriest

Stop saying things I actually agree with. It's weird. 

We can discuss how men are obviously more attracted with their eyes than women are sexually if you like.

We can discuss how men are obviously more attracted with their eyes than women are sexually if you like.

That's better.