An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pope Is Resigning.... Who Do You Think Will Be Next?

dairygirl4u2c

You don't want your parishes to really like you when you are a Priest. You don't want them to come up to you after Mass and say 'Great homily!'. That's when you know in reality your homily stunk."

I have no doubt that your parishioners will dislike you.

PhuturePriest

I have no doubt that your parishioners will dislike you.

Aw! Thanks! But I'm afraid you're a little behind on my life.

Aw! Thanks! But I'm afraid you're a little behind on my life.

Do these changes pertain to that fabulous Phantom of the Opera mask you've been sporting around FB? Pretty sure the Church is trying to purge that sort of thing out of the seminary.

PhuturePriest

What was wrong with what Tagle said?

So, you're just going to be an unlikable youth minister or something?

I wish. Youth Ministers aren't paid enough to support a family. Instead I might be an unlikable high school teacher.

I wish. Youth Ministers aren't paid enough to support a family. Instead I might be an unlikable high school teacher.

I know quite a few who support their families just fine.

PhuturePriest

I know quite a few who support their families just fine.

Let me rephrase that: Youth ministers in Kansas don't get paid enough to support a family. The main youth minister of the diocese gets paid sixty thousand, but everyone else gets paid twenty thousand or so. I know this because my sister went to college and majored in youth ministry.

Let me rephrase that: Youth ministers in Kansas don't get paid enough to support a family. The main youth minister of the diocese gets paid sixty thousand, but everyone else gets paid twenty thousand or so. I know this because my sister went to college and majored in youth ministry.

Kansas is the only state you'll live in, then?

PhuturePriest

Kansas is the only state you'll live in, then?

I could move in theory. But I have no reason to do so. All of my family and friends are here. Despite the sucky weather, I like Kansas.

I could move in theory. But I have no reason to do so. All of my family and friends are here. Despite the sucky weather, I like Kansas.

The world is huge and you've seen, like, NONE percent of it. You never know what sort of reasons might pop up.