An Old School Catholic Message Board

Women On The Battlefield

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

What is your opinion on congress possibly lifting the ban on women being allowed to be sent into the front lines? I'm not taking a formal stance, but here are things to consider: When women are hurt, their reflexes and thinking abilities are impeded, whereas men generally think more clearly and their reflexes are not messed with. Also, men and women in the military are not given equal training. Biologically speaking, it is tougher for men (Because men are stronger, after all). But do we want women on the battlefield when we know they have inferior physical training?

PhuturePriest

Oh dear Lord.

AbandonThread.gif

God help you, kid. Nobody else can.

Hahaha! I was talking to Brian on Google+ about this, and we were actually in agreement on pretty much everything. We both agreed we didn't have official stances on it, and I told him I was going to make a thread about it on Phatmass to see just how fast it takes for everyone to explode in fury about it. :P

PhuturePriest

I don't care, but I would feel cranky if I was ever drafted...

If I'm ever drafted I'll see you in Canada.

I'm a lot less concerned with training/physical standards than I am with are all the guys gonna jump in front of a bullet or charge into the frey in some heroic attempted rescue against combat orders because it is a woman or even potentially their girlfriend/crush that is getting shot at.

PhuturePriest

I'm a lot less concerned with training/physical standards than I am with are all the guys gonna jump in front of a bullet or charge into the frey in some heroic attempted rescue against combat orders because it is a woman or even potentially their girlfriend/crush that is getting shot at.

That's another point. In some missions, the soldiers have to keep fighting even if one of their fellow soldiers gets shot right in front of them. They don't have the opportunity to try and take them into safety. Ignoring your fellow men is difficult, but men are by nature more protective of women, so there is a much higher risk of the soldiers not caring about their orders and jumping into crossfires in order to save a girl.

Basilisa Marie

What is your opinion on congress possibly lifting the ban on women being allowed to be sent into the front lines? I'm not taking a formal stance, but here are things to consider: When women are hurt, their reflexes and thinking abilities are impeded, whereas men generally think more clearly and their reflexes are not messed with. Also, men and women in the military are not given equal training. Biologically speaking, it is tougher for men (Because men are stronger, after all). But do we want women on the battlefield when we know they have inferior physical training?

YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THAT. That is a disgusting misogynist falsehood.  Take it back.  

The fact is there is no longer a front line in the military.  Anyone who has been in combat situations over the past ten years will tell you this.  Plenty of women have already DIED serving their country in so called "non-combat" positions.   Currently, men and women have different standards of physical fitness, but are given EQUAL TRAINING.  I assure you that a female Marine could kill you just as well as a male Marine. 

I have heard many members of the armed forces say that a good compromise would be to make the "male" standard of fitness the standard for combat, and the "female" standard of fitness for "non-combat" type positions.  That way women who can handle it can do the same job, and men who are less "fit" can still serve their country.  They've already introduced more pull ups into the standard of physical fitness for women, and are gradually going to increase it over time, at least in the Marines.  

That's another point. In some missions, the soldiers have to keep fighting even if one of their fellow soldiers gets shot right in front of them. They don't have the opportunity to try and take them into safety. Ignoring your fellow men is difficult, but men are by nature more protective of women, so there is a much higher risk of the soldiers not caring about their orders and jumping into crossfires in order to save a girl.

You mean to bloody tell me that a man is more willing to jump on a grenade for a woman, but not his BUDDY IN ARMS?  

What planet do you live on? 

PhuturePriest

YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THAT. That is a disgusting misogynist falsehood.  Take it back.  

The fact is there is no longer a front line in the military.  Anyone who has been in combat situations over the past ten years will tell you this.  Plenty of women have already DIED serving their country in so called "non-combat" positions.   Currently, men and women have different standards of physical fitness, but are given EQUAL TRAINING.  I assure you that a female Marine could kill you just as well as a male Marine. 

I have heard many members of the armed forces say that a good compromise would be to make the "male" standard of fitness the standard for combat, and the "female" standard of fitness for "non-combat" type positions.  That way women who can handle it can do the same job, and men who are less "fit" can still serve their country.  They've already introduced more pull ups into the standard of physical fitness for women, and are gradually going to increase it over time, at least in the Marines.  

It's not misogynist. It's science. I was taught that is a scientific fact. If it's wrong, don't sue the student, sue the teacher.

Basilisa Marie

It's not misogynist. It's science. I was taught that is a scientific fact. If it's wrong, don't sue the student, sue the teacher.

It+s+a+police+box+not+a+fucking+phone+bo

What a distraction.

Our current administration has done so much damage to our military. We have these men and women returning from war broken physically and mentally and nothing is being done to help them. We simply take them to see a head shrink who loads them up on medicine, lists them with PTSD and ensures their guns are taken away. 

Benefits have been reduced. Clergy is absent. Gays are allowed to prance around as they please. Pin ups are no longer allowed in barracks. And now they face a pay reduction.

One of the few things the Federal Government lawfully has to provide, a strong military (not retirement investments, mortgages, healthcare, etc.) they are further failing us.

Drones. Not just for war, but over 50M voted for this.

PhuturePriest

It+s+a+police+box+not+a+fucking+phone+bo

It's not misogyny. I'm not a misogynist, as you yourself have said. This is what I was told. Prove me wrong.

Basilisa Marie

Gays are allowed to prance around as they please. Pin ups are no longer allowed in barracks. 

What. 

:|

It's not misogyny. I'm not a misogynist, as you yourself have said. This is what I was told. Prove me wrong.

I don't have time right now.  I have to go to class and learn about being a theologically sound disciple of Jesus.  

I'll have to crush the misogyny out of you later. 

Unless someone else wants to help.