An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink Gets Random Part Two!

arfink

This made me laugh. :hehe2: Your little sister sounds cute.

She is. Here she is with balloons from the other day. :)

2013-04-19+13.03.22.jpg

2013-04-19+13.14.49.jpg

Well, good news for the day. I found an interesting job lead today, and also found out that not only are my references going to be good for this, I also have at least one mutual friend with the owner. So hopefully this will work out OK.

Well, good news for the day. I found an interesting job lead today, and also found out that not only are my references going to be good for this, I also have at least one mutual friend with the owner. So hopefully this will work out OK.

Good luck! Prayers that it goes well for you!

Good luck! Prayers that it goes well for you!

Thanks! I am contacting my references tonight, so hopefully I can get some or all of them on board, that would rock.

ARFink... was thinking about your multi-layer art stuff.... and I am wondering if something like this would work as a nifty case for it if the size could be made to work....

It would have the advantage of being able to be OPENED so people could examine it carefully... but also CLOSED to keep out dust.

Maybe you can come up with a similar idea if these are too expensive?   Or put together a square one with a front opening?

solid_walnut_wood_flag_case_copy.1898450

These (and there are a lot of similar ones out there, in varying price ranges....)

• Beveled glass front
  • High quality crafted hinged lid for easy flag insertion
  • Magnetic closure lid
  • Wall mount included
  • This case is designed to hold a 3ft x 5ft flag
  • Available in beautiful black cherry, cherry, & oak finishes
  • Outside Dimensions: 17 3/4"(W) x 8 3/4"(H) x 3 3/4(D)
  • Inside Dimensions: 16 1/4" (W) x 8" (H) x 2 3/8" (D)

http://www.united-states-flag.com/officers-3x5-flag-display-case.html?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=46744713282&utm_content=pla&gclid=CLSGy7eH5bYCFU7hQgodykwA3Q

And this just struck me funny... because it comes from CHINA.  Look at the engraved words and symbols!

http://www.yuanlinwoods.com/wooden_laser_engraved_products

Engraving.143102844_std.jpg

OEM_Products.143103124_std.jpg

YOURS are far better done.... and made in Minnesota~!

Edited by AnneLine

You are right, those aren't very good lookin. And the guy takes horrible care of his laser. Look at that mess! So much varnish built up on that cable carrier...

brianthephysicist

:)

Well, it's all sent in for that job. Soon I will look for others too. :)

Meanwhile, I think I shall paint.

brianthephysicist

Well, it's all sent in for that job. Soon I will look for others too. :)

Meanwhile, I think I shall paint.

:)

So I'm going to share a piece of something I wrote for the guys at Team Orthodoxy which will be published tomorrow. (scheduled to hit the front page in roughly an hour)

I lost my job on Saturday. So this is actually not an awesome thing. It’s actually kinda sad.

But losing my job taught me something very important: Hope is awesome. And Hope is also not the same thing as optimism. Optimism is thinking that everything will be OK in the end and God will make it all happy and wonderful and that I’ll get a new job in no time and my bills wont be late and the mafia won’t have to come and kidnap me because I didn’t pay the sharks. This is not Hope. Hope is very different.

In fact, Hope is so different that you can still have Hope even when you know you’ll never get a job, and the bills won’t get paid, and the mafia is going to take you away and acquaint you with some very fresh seafood. Sometimes God doesn’t make everything all better. But God will always be there in the end. Even if that means you have to meet your end to get there. Hope means God will make sure everything works out for your eternal good (assuming you allow Him to do so by following His will), even if it means horrible things will happen to you.

Fortunately for me, and for all the rest of humanity, God not only gives us Hope, he very often gives us reason for optimism. And that is also super cool.