An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is It Terribly Wrong...

Groo the Wanderer

Groo the Wanderer

To join the CSP (Confraternity of Saint Peter) and still be a member of a parish where the Holy Mass is only offered in the OF?

hmmm... :think:

Basilisa Marie

It's my understanding that the CSP supports the FSSP through prayer and sacrifice.  It doesn't say anything about moving to a parish with EF. 

Seems like in your situation, attending your OF parish would be a lovely sacrifice for them. 

Groo the Wanderer

true dat Nihil

lorf at BM!   tis true at times.  

I love both forms, and it is the same Holy Mass.  I just get distracted a lot by the little dumb things done outside of the rubrics at my parish.  I really would like to see a merging of the two forms at some point.  Until then, i will pray for the reverence of the EF to overtake the OF   :saint2:

I think the ideal would be for the usus antiquior to be restored as the ordinary form, then start the liturgical reform over again with proper reverence and caution. And over a more realistic timeline too. :P The Consilium's 'reforms' could have gone in a very different direction and IMO they showed a serious lack of prudence and respect towards the goals of true liturgical reform.

Realistic timeline - when I'm dead and gone.

I actually think that a realistic timeline, given the ambitious scope of a complete liturgical reform, would take several generations.

PhuturePriest
mostly, yeah.  since we learn from our mistakes, I am likely a genius now...LORF!

But since you do everything wrong, you are learning from your mistakes the wrong way. Sorry.

Groo the Wanderer

oh yeah!  Love Fr. Longua!

I go there for confession a lot on my lunch break.  Unfortunately, i don't always have enough time to stick around for Mass.   :cry:

Groo, didn't you say you say you lived in the Dallas area?

Are you aware of the Mater Dei FSSP parish in Irving?  Good parish (we're members).

You can pm me if you have further questions.

My friend got married there. Pretty church ^_^