An Old School Catholic Message Board

Historical Scenario: Internment During Wwii

Nihil Obstat

Japanese Internment Camps  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nihil maybe you should ask George Takai. He's on Facebook and was interred during the war. Message him.

Good idea.

The karate sensei I train with about once a year was also in an internment camp around that time, down in BC.

This entire situation reminds me of something that happened in my town. The night of the tornado, cops were going house to house saying "Marshall Law. You have to get out and go to the buses at the Dillons store." They went to our friend's house and said this, and he pulled out his shotgun, pumped it, and said "Marshall Law: Get the hell out of my house."

This really has no point, I just wanted to share because that guy is awesome.

But who was Marshall, and why did he get to make up the law? :|

PhuturePriest

Good idea.

The karate sensei I train with about once a year was also in an internment camp around that time, down in BC.

So why don't you ask the karate sensei about his experiences of being abused by the government?

So why don't you ask the karate sensei about his experiences of being abused by the government?

Because he currently lives in Ontario, and I only see him for one weekend out of the year, at which time he's very busy. :P

PhuturePriest
Because he currently lives in Ontario, and I only see him for one weekend out of the year, at which time he's very busy. :P

You have a sled and some huskies to pull you to Ontario, yes?

Canada's pretty big when you think about it you know?

It is also really full of absolutely nothing.

Seriously, tell me one thing about either Saskatchewan or Manitoba besides the names of their capital cities. You cannot, because there just is not anything to say. :|

PhuturePriest

Seriously, tell me one thing about either Saskatchewan or Manitoba besides the names of their capital cities. You cannot, because there just is not anything to say. :|

Uh, seriously? Ice hockey and snow with syrup on it!

Also, I have no clue what the capital cities are. I thought Saskatchewan and Manitoba were cities, not provinces.

Edited by FuturePriest387

Uh, seriously? Ice hockey and snow with syrup on it!

Also, I have no clue what the capital cities are. I thought Saskatchewan and Manitoba were cities, not provinces.

And there is our problem.

I think it would be fine to resist, personally I would not use force, but I couldn't blame anyone if they did

I think not harming thugs if they attack you is perfectly moral. Sometimes, it even leads to their conversion, which is superior to just killing them.

But let me put this in no uncertain terms: If the Japanese who were kidnapped by the American government had used deadly force every on last one of the people kidnapping them, it would have been lawful self defense. Had a few of the thugs been put down, I'm certain our wonderful, compassionate fonts of social justice and protection from aggressors would have sent in more heavily armed thugs, and simply cut down the Japanese, with the arms they rightfully purchase with money obtained under threat of violence.

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited by Winchester

Groo the Wanderer

fixed.

SRSLY??!?!

Canada's pretty big when you think about it you know?

dude, like so huge.When I was doing a canadian exchange trip years ago in guatemala, the people we were with kept asking me "so why dont you and Rachel hang out after this program?"

"Well, she lives in montreal, i live in BC, opposite sides of the country so that would be difficult."

"but I visit my brother on the other side of guatemala all the time."

"dude, Its a shorter drive from my house to guatemala, than it is to drive to montreal."

took a while for that to sink in.

I dont think its all nothing! there may not be cities,  but I think that is a lot cooler. Mountains, forests, animals, rivers, and lakes are more "something" to me, than a city full of people.

I dont think its all nothing! there may not be cities,  but I think that is a lot cooler. Mountains, forests, animals, rivers, and lakes are more "something" to me, than a city full of people.

Well I suppose you can find quite a few lakes in Saskatchewan and Manitoba. That will be about it though. :|

Well I suppose you can find quite a few lakes in Saskatchewan and Manitoba. That will be about it though. :|

ahh see im thinking wilderness like BC, Alberta, Northern Manitoba, etc.

Not the plains of nothingness.

ahh see im thinking wilderness like BC, Alberta, Northern Manitoba, etc.

Not the plains of nothingness.

Actually my parents lived way up north in Saskatchewan at one point while my dad was doing some summer work or something. Apparently the mosquitos are awful.