An Old School Catholic Message Board

Loneliness

ithinkjesusiscool

dunno! maybe sometimes.

Do you equate being alone with loneliness?  I don't.  I lived alone for many years before I was married.  Ah, the memories....anyway...even though I was alone, I never experienced being lonely. I engaged the world as EmilyAnn described.  I participated in activities/events/etc that I enjoyed, not primarily to meet people. However, I did and still do enjoy alone time...even more now than before b/c I rarely get it, only in the car to/from work.  

ithinkjesusiscool
Do you equate being alone with loneliness?  I don't.  I lived alone for many years before I was married.  Ah, the memories....anyway...even though I was alone, I never experienced being lonely. I engaged the world as EmilyAnn described.  I participated in activities/events/etc that I enjoyed, not primarily to meet people. However, I did and still do enjoy alone time...even more now than before b/c I rarely get it, only in the car to/from work.  

I am talking about being a bit of both!

I'm not sure why I can't give this post props, but I just wanted to say it is really beautiful and well articulated.

Circle_Master has a phishy tag ... those with a phishy tag cannot be propped.  That's been true for years.

A phishy tag is usually given to someone who posts something that is out of line with Church teaching.  It (for me) can act as a warning to the reader to read carefully the post to ensure that it is in line with Catholic thought.

That being said, I agree -- Circle_Master's post was well articulated and a good one :)

Edited by cmariadiaz

Circle_Master has a phishy tag ... those with a phishy tag cannot be propped.  That's been true for years.

A phishy tag is usually given to someone who posts something that is out of line with Church teaching.  It (for me) can act as a warning to the reader to read carefully the post to ensure that it is in line with Catholic thought.

That being said, I agree -- Circle_Master's post was well articulated and a good one :)

I did not know that! Thank you for explaining!

I think it is helpful when we're lonely to remember that as Christ was on the cross, he said, "Father, Father, why have you forsaken me?" Since we are his followers and servants, how can we surpass loneliness if our leader and master experienced loneliness himself? Loneliness isn't necessarily a bad thing. From my own experience, someone told me that God sometimes takes out the others in our life so that we learn to rely on him on a level that goes deeper than feelings, which is really beautiful. 

FutureCarmeliteClaire

I feel as though I could understand what you're saying and where you're coming from, but you have given us no idea what you mean by "lonely" or how you feel God may be responsible.

Until then, I will continue to prop other user's posts that I agree with.