An Old School Catholic Message Board

Whaddya Think Of This ?

Ed Normile

I was in a catholic gift shop, the one at Mary Queen of the Universe Basilica in Kissimmee Fl. when I heard a very effeminate sounding male asking about a baby Jesus statue he was buying for an outside display, he related how the other one was broken into many little pieces, his companion was also very effeminate sounding as they spoke with the lady who worked there. I turned around to look at them and they were both dressed in black priest outfits white collars and all ! The shorter really heavy one who I first heard was also wearing a gold stud earring in each ear, it looked like about the size of a shirt button and was maybe a flower. I do not know if they were catholic priests or just dressed that way, these guys had the whole outfit down to the standard black shoes. My wife seen them at the same time and asked if I thought they were really priests and I replied maybe they are anglican or episcopalians as they have openly homosexual priest couples. Then I told her either way we should pray for them, I know the catholic church has no restrictions on homosexuals as long as they are chaste, but these two appeared to be a couple, or partners as they say. Then again maybe we just took them wrong, I guess they could have been two chaste homosexuals who happened to be priests and were just shopping together, but man was this one freaky experience to observe. I also told her we should pray for them.

ed

Edited by Ed Normile

I thought it was pretty much an open secret that a lot of priests are gay, they're just not supposed to talk or "act out" on it.

I thought it was pretty much an open secret that a lot of priests are gay, they're just not supposed to talk or "act out" on it.

I seriously doubt that its a " lot of priests " and yes you can be homosexual as long as you are chaste. These guys were flamboyant to say the least.

ed

Fidei Defensor

Voice isn't a reliable way to judge sexuality. Neither is closeness. I would pray about it and then forget about it.

Voice isn't a reliable way to judge sexuality. Neither is closeness. I would pray about it and then forget about it.

Yeah you are right. It was far more than just the voice though , the earrings and gestures added to the picture.

ed

Fidei Defensor
Yeah you are right. It was far more than just the voice though , the earrings and gestures added to the picture.

ed

Eh. Like i said, pray and let it go. May God judge their hearts justly  :pray:

Edited by tardis ad astra

To Jesus Through Mary
I was in a catholic gift shop, the one at Mary Queen of the Universe Basilica in Kissimmee Fl. when I heard a very effeminate sounding male asking about a baby Jesus statue he was buying for an outside display, he related how the other one was broken into many little pieces, his companion was also very effeminate sounding as they spoke with the lady who worked there. I turned around to look at them and they were both dressed in black priest outfits white collars and all ! The shorter really heavy one who I first heard was also wearing a gold stud earring in each ear, it looked like about the size of a shirt button and was maybe a flower. I do not know if they were catholic priests or just dressed that way, these guys had the whole outfit down to the standard black shoes. My wife seen them at the same time and asked if I thought they were really priests and I replied maybe they are anglican or episcopalians as they have openly homosexual priest couples. Then I told her either way we should pray for them, I know the catholic church has no restrictions on homosexuals as long as they are chaste, but these two appeared to be a couple, or partners as they say. Then again maybe we just took them wrong, I guess they could have been two chaste homosexuals who happened to be priests and were just shopping together, but man was this one freaky experience to observe. I also told her we should pray for them.

ed

Just for clarification, there are restrictions on homosexuals being admitted to the priesthood. http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/archive//ldn/2005/nov/051129a

I agree with the others, to pray for them and try and not dwell on it. :)

I seriously doubt that its a " lot of priests " and yes you can be homosexual as long as you are chaste. These guys were flamboyant to say the least.

ed

I have read from perhaps dozens of different sources that some diocese and seminaries, in past decades more so than today, there was a very pervasive subculture of homosexuality among the priests and seminarians.

I also told her we should pray for them.

ed

What do I think? You cannot go wrong asking God to guide and give wisdom and holiness to His children.

Beyond that, what do I think? Whaddya want from me? [Insert Adam Lambert song here]

Edited by Light and Truth

Basilisa Marie
I have read from perhaps dozens of different sources that some diocese and seminaries, in past decades more so than today, there was a very pervasive subculture of homosexuality among the priests and seminarians.

Well yeah, that makes sense.  Guys who are at least somewhat serious about their religion but can't get married, plus an atmosphere that "encouraged loving acceptance" in many areas...what do we expect?  

But for what it's worth, I knew lots of seminarians in college, and many of them had all sorts different personality and physical "quirks."  

PhuturePriest
Hopefully that particular problem is not as widespread as some accounts have indicated. :sad2:

What are you trying to say about my personality?

And one of those seminaries/dioceses is not far at all from where the incident occurred. 

And one of those seminaries/dioceses is not far at all from where the incident occurred. 

It seems that you are correct.