An Old School Catholic Message Board

Weed

theculturewarrior

theculturewarrior

There are young people on this board who are forming their faith and learning about God.  I have taken this moment to set them straight.  And that in itself seems more offensive to you than the glamor that many of us have given to this sin.  I'm done.  Thank you.

Edited by theculturewarrior

theculturewarrior

Have fun thanking God you are not like all the nasty publicans around here.

Was that directed at me?  I am come to a Catholic forum and I am open about my mental illness, unemployment, and that fact that I write stupid posts about marijuana.  Hypocrisy is not something I suffer from.

TCW, as many people have pointed out to you, your posts seemed more like joke posts, because they are almost identical to posts people routinely make about other things.  Additionally, others have pointed out that this issue have been debated here extensively, which is why others might not have said anything.  I personally had no idea about your personal struggles, so I don't know why you would assume that everyone is intimately familiar with them, to the degree that you seem to think we all are.  Finally, you're an adult, most of us don't feel the need to babysit you. A combination of all these things is why no one has called you out on your posts. 

There's really no reason for you to be so combative, it's getting rather irksome. 

TCW, what exactly is this disability you have that you're so open about?

I myself have ADHD.  It sucks.  When I look back I can see these symptoms throughout my life, but I didn't know I had it until August.  Before that I had been on a downward spiral after coming back to the States from Okinawa while I was in the Navy.  Despite being successful in Okinawa when I got to Jacksonville, NC I started to noticing difficultly concentrating, lapses in my work, and forgetfulness.  Oh, and I managed to refer myself to the psych ward on Camp Lejeune twice for suicidal ideation.  Depression was my worst enemy back then, and I honestly thought it was just the crap-town the Navy forced me to go to so I left the service about two years ago.  That helped the depression a little, but I still found myself unable to focus, or remember much of anything in nursing school so I dropped out of that too.  This upset me greatly.  I honestly thought being a nurse was what I was supposed to do.  I forget exactly what I Googled, but somehow I found somebody's rant online that sounded exactly like I felt at that moment, and the guy had ADHD!  So I started taking ADHD tests online, and I was getting anywhere between 60 to 90% in the ADHD category.  At least I had an answer for what the hell was wrong with me. 

That was back in August, and am still trying to get diagnosed with it so I can get some therapy.  The beaver damn insurance company tries to block me at every turn, and I just yesterday got to take the test for it.  I have a follow-up appointment for the results in January.  In the mean time I've been trying every home remedy I can find for ADHD.  Some work, others don't.  I still want some friggin therapy though.

Ok, TCW, I showed you mine.  Now you show me yours.