An Old School Catholic Message Board

Weed

theculturewarrior

If you don't want to do the wacky tabacky then just don't.  It's not the responsibilty of other people to reaffirm your confused conscience. 

Edited by r2Dtoo

1 Corinthians 3:16-17 

Do you not know that you are the temple of God and the Spirit of God dwells in you?  If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy that person; for the temple of God, which you are, is holy.

If you're going to do anything that affects the sober mind or body, do it at your own risk.  Freewill is your choice, not ours.

I did not realize that you were on this site looking for a babysitter, TCW. In the future I will be sure also to check if you washed your hands after using the toilet, and that you do not eat too much before meals because it will spoil your appetite.

Precisely how much do you want to be babysat? We can watch for your bedtime too, if you want. I will not read you any bedtime stories, but FP might sing you a lullaby over the phone if you ask nicely, or if you are a pretty young girl.

theculturewarrior

This is the worst thread in the history of the world.

Maybe because I hold myself responsible for the example I set?

theculturewarrior

I did not realize that you were on this site looking for a babysitter, TCW. In the future I will be sure also to check if you washed your hands after using the toilet, and that you do not eat too much before meals because it will spoil your appetite.

Precisely how much do you want to be babysat? We can watch for your bedtime too, if you want. I will not read you any bedtime stories, but FP might sing you a lullaby over the phone if you ask nicely, or if you are a pretty young girl.

I am not able to assess your reading comprehension skills prior to posting something very important to me and very well intentioned.  I am sorry if my Christianity is not comfortable for the people who have read my posts.  I need to find a classroom.  That way, people who read me will have been screened first.

I am not able to assess your reading comprehension skills prior to posting something very important to me and very well intentioned. I am sorry if my Christianity is not comfortable for the people who have read my posts. I need to find a classroom. That way, people who read me will have been screened first.

I am very sorry we do not meet your standards of people who should be allowed to benefit from your pontifications.

theculturewarrior

I am very sorry we do not meet your standards of people who should be allowed to benefit from your pontifications.

Pontifications such as...

The Catechism says not to abuse drugs

Marijuana abuse a contributing factor in the development of mental illness

I am disabled possibly as a consequence of drug abuse

I am concerned for the example I set

(Trying to figure out what's offensive or didactic here)

Edited by theculturewarrior

theculturewarrior

Maybe what was most offensive is that I claimed that Catholics should defend the Church's teaching on this.  I don't know.  I don't understand this at all.

I personally find it rather silly that you, presumably a reasonably intelligent adult Catholic, feels that it is the job of all of us, as a community, to not only monitor your posts, but also scrutinize them for what may or may not be somewhat controversial idiosyncrasies.
I mean, there are a few busybodies who feel the need to do that regardless...but still.

And not only that, but the dishonesty here is kind of disconcerting. Why do you feel the need to put us to some secret test? Why did you not simply do what everyone else does, and start a thread saying "What do you guys think of marijuana use?"
Or better yet, search our past, rather lengthy, debates on the topic.

theculturewarrior

And not only that, but the dishonesty here is kind of disconcerting. Why do you feel the need to put us to some secret test? Why did you not simply do what everyone else does, and start a thread saying "What do you guys think of marijuana use?"
Or better yet, search our past, rather lengthy, debates on the topic.

That you believe that you are able to know me well enough to write this with certainty is what I find disconcerting.  I have lost the patience to spell it out for you.