An Old School Catholic Message Board

Weed

theculturewarrior

theculturewarrior

Okay, so I have made several references to my desire to smoke legal weed.  This is grossly inappropriate.  This is a sin described clearly in the Catechism.  It is also a very unhealthy decision to make.  Why won't anybody call me on it?  Won't somebody just come out and say, hey, that's messed up?

I just thought you were being funny, but I'm of the persuasion that weed is more appropriately categorized with your more kosher psychoactive substances (e.g. caffeine, alcohol, tobacco, kava) than your hard drugs so I don't get in a tizzy about a toke or two although I'm really not interested in discussing it here as there are some pretty hard biases to overturn.

Also there's people who joke about getting hammered on here all the time. It's just words. Sinful or not, intoxication is hella funny. Keeps forum discussions light sometimes. Wouldn't read much into it. Unless you want to then by all means . . .

Okay, so I have made several references to my desire to smoke legal weed.  This is grossly inappropriate.  This is a sin described clearly in the Catechism.  It is also a very unhealthy decision to make.  Why won't anybody call me on it?  Won't somebody just come out and say, hey, that's messed up?

why you play stupid games like that?

theculturewarrior

I'm not playing games, I am just flawed and occasionally stupid.  You have moral responsibility to correct sinners.  You have let me down.

Edited by theculturewarrior

theculturewarrior

I just thought you were being funny, but I'm of the persuasion that weed is more appropriately categorized with your more kosher psychoactive substances (e.g. caffeine, alcohol, tobacco, kava) than your hard drugs so I don't get in a tizzy about a toke or two although I'm really not interested in discussing it here as there are some pretty hard biases to overturn.

Also there's people who joke about getting hammered on here all the time. It's just words. Sinful or not, intoxication is hella funny. Keeps forum discussions light sometimes. Wouldn't read much into it. Unless you want to then by all means . . .

I will be disabled for the rest of my life with marijuana abuse as the cause or contributing factor.  It is not cool.  I could smoke the stuff at my next family reunion and for all intensive purposes, that it is my plan.  Where are you Phatmass when I am weak?

You should be ridiculing me.

theculturewarrior

Won't somebody just say don't do it?  Don't do it TCW.  Lay down the pipe.  Lay it down, you wharf rat you.

Edited by theculturewarrior

This topic surfaces on an irregular but recurring basis.

Most people who have seen the topic previously have already expressed themselves on it. We pretty know who stands where. We also pretty well know how the discourse will run if we take up the topic again.

For what it's worth - CUT IT OUT!

Basilisa Marie

1. Not everyone believes it's grossly inappropriate, particularly because you are doing something that's legal. 

2. Not everyone believes it's described clearly as a sin in the catechism.

3. Not everyone believes it's a very unhealthy decision to make.

I'm more concerned by your desire to have people yell at you, and the fact that you think this phorum is supposed to act as some kind of surrogate conscience. 

Won't somebody just say don't do it?  Don't do it TCW.  Lay down the pipe.  Lay it down, you wharf rat you.

What kind of pipe?  Chamber, glass, or standard?  Would that mean we would have to caution you against bongs or power hitters?  Would you then choose to pack a blunt or roll your own?  Do you require only outside authority to direct your will?  Who here has the requisite athority that you will obey?