An Old School Catholic Message Board

Viewpoint Discrimination

add

That reminds me of what happened to a peer of mine I met when I attended Benedictine College. She was a transfer student from a Catholic college in my home town (if you can even call it a Catholic school.) She wanted to start a pro-life club on campus, but was refused because it would discriminate against those who had a different viewpoint.

I wonder then if the basketball team would be discriminatory against those who don't like basketball. :think:

Men in black robes don't impress me.

I had to call and check, but it's confirmed.  They were not trying to impress you at all.

eagle_eye222001

That reminds me of what happened to a peer of mine I met when I attended Benedictine College. She was a transfer student from a Catholic college in my home town (if you can even call it a Catholic school.) She wanted to start a pro-life club on campus, but was refused because it would discriminate against those who had a different viewpoint.

I wonder then if the basketball team would be discriminatory against those who don't like basketball. :think:

YES!!!!!!

Oh society, the wonders you do!

Should have started a KKK club* to counter the NAACP college society :P

*comment meant ironically in terms of situation.  Am not an advocate of "hate" groups.  I belief in freedom of speech though.

I had to call and check, but it's confirmed.  They were not trying to impress you at all.

I didn't say they were. They're your gods, not mine.

How dare you insult Phatmass and post that drivel? That....how dare you!

It was intended for lulzy purposes, meaning that it falls under fair use guidelines in section 4.b. of "crap we never post on the internet".

I don't see what's wrong with "Choose Life". It is not inherently a "pro lifer vs pro choicer" statement. Choose Life would also mean don't kill people and don't commit suicide. Just parse the $15 for $5 for pregnancy centers, $5 for suicide awareness, and $5 for anti violence stuff...

Choose Life is not a political statement...

It was intended for lulzy purposes, meaning that it falls under fair use guidelines in section 4.b. of "crap we never post on the internet".

She's not even worthy of that.

She's worthy of nothing

*folds arms*

She's not even worthy of that.

She's worthy of nothing

*folds arms*

I am afraid that you have forced me to quote the "Internet Manual, Third Edition", Appendix III, section 4.b.

"When making media references for lulzy purposes (as defined in section 1.a., the lulziness of the reference shall be considered inversely proportional to the utter fail of the original media."

I am afraid that you have forced me to quote the "Internet Manual, Third Edition", Appendix III, section 4.b.

"When making media references for lulzy purposes (as defined in section 1.a., the lulziness of the reference shall be considered inversely proportional to the utter fail of the original media."

I don't know math! Gah. <_<