An Old School Catholic Message Board

So Assuming Global Warming Is Real, Is Caused By Humans, And Will Caus

XIX

There are more than three options. I vote for promoting technology to conserve energy, research alternative energy, along with a long-term plan (10-20 years) to slowly and predictably raise taxes on gasoline. Higher taxes would better reflect the true cost of consumption to our environment, the cost of highways, etc., improve the economic viability of alternative energy, and encourage more development in urban areas.

And screw over rural areas who have to drive 50 - 60 miles just go grocery shopping.  Spare us the self-righteous indignation about "carbon tax" and "research into Solyndra alterative energy".  This is just another way to oppress the poor. 

And screw over rural areas who have to drive 50 - 60 miles just go grocery shopping.  Spare us the self-righteous indignation about "carbon tax" and "research into Solyndra alterative energy".  This is just another way to oppress the poor. 

The people who oppress the poor are on the other side of this issue.  They have, however, done an excellent job of confusing people and convincing people to vote against their interests.  Do you honestly think that the people who are opposing this (like Exxon) give two ducks about the poor?  

A Carbon tax is not a gasoline tax.  Although we need one of those as well.  There are ways to build in subsidies so tha people who are poor and need money don't get hit as hard.  I don't know what you want though.  If we started this 20 years ago things would be a lot easier.  If we wait another 20 years it will be a lot more painful.  Sorry.  International corporations ducked you and ducked a lot of poor people.  Same old same old.  

Edited by Hasan

A Carbon tax is not a gasoline tax.  Although we need one of those as well.  

THIS IS A GREAT IDEA. I DON'T KNOW WHY NOBODY HAS THOUGHT OF THIS BEFORE!!!

THIS IS A GREAT IDEA. I DON'T KNOW WHY NOBODY HAS THOUGHT OF THIS BEFORE!!!

I didn't realize that I had presented myself as the origionator of the decades old republican idea or using a carbon tax to mitigate carbon pollution.

I didn't realize that I had presented myself as the origionator of the decades old republican idea or using a carbon tax to mitigate carbon pollution.

Is Ardillacid a party loyalist?

What?

You know what I'm asking. You think it matters to Ardillacid which wing of the Party came up with the idea. I'm disappointed to didn't mention Fox news, too. You're slipping.

You know what I'm asking. You think it matters to Ardillacid which wing of the Party came up with the idea. I'm disappointed to didn't mention Fox news, too. You're slipping.

I don't think that matters to Ardill.  I did, however, find it odd that he seemed to be implying that I was presenting a carbon tax as a novel idea.  The only reason I referenced the idea's political affiliation was to point out that not only is it not new but it's also not extreme and was proposed y the party most hostile to the fact of climate change and is pretty mainstream.  

people who are opposing this (like Exxon) 

Exxon is people too!

I don't think that matters to Ardill.  I did, however, find it odd that he seemed to be implying that I was presenting a carbon tax as a novel idea.

My post was meaningless blithering. I thought we would be used to it by now. :drunk:

I don't think that matters to Ardill.  I did, however, find it odd that he seemed to be implying that I was presenting a carbon tax as a novel idea.  The only reason I referenced the idea's political affiliation was to point out that not only is it not new but it's also not extreme and was proposed y the party most hostile to the fact of climate change and is pretty mainstream.  

So because Republicans tout something, it ceases to be extreme.

Yeah, I don't get what "extreme" means. Unless it means "stuff I don't agree with", in which case, it completely makes sense.

What is needed on this topic is investment in tools that scientists can gauge what, if anything is happening.

Yielding power to politicians, who just want more power and control over your life is pointless, as countries like China and Russia could care less and will not participate.

And, the conversation about this new religion is not over. There is no evidence of global cooling, global warming and there is evidence that proves nothing is happening.

But we do have many parties who are salivating at the opportunity to ensure we all live on top of each other, control our mobility and profit from it.

Just like Darwin's Theory somehow was moved to fact, so is this global warming nonsense. It has worked wonderfully for Al Gore though, he was worth pennies when he lost the 2000 election, now he is worth 100 of millions pushing bad science.

What is needed on this topic is investment in tools that scientists can gauge what, if anything is happening.

Yielding power to politicians, who just want more power and control over your life is pointless, as countries like China and Russia could care less and will not participate.

And, the conversation about this new religion is not over. There is no evidence of global cooling, global warming and there is evidence that proves nothing is happening.

But we do have many parties who are salivating at the opportunity to ensure we all live on top of each other, control our mobility and profit from it.

Just like Darwin's Theory somehow was moved to fact, so is this global warming nonsense. It has worked wonderfully for Al Gore though, he was worth pennies when he lost the 2000 election, now he is worth 100 of millions pushing bad science.

Something about it being better to remain silent and thought a fool...

So because Republicans tout something, it ceases to be extreme.

Yeah, I don't get what "extreme" means. Unless it means "stuff I don't agree with", in which case, it completely makes sense.

Within the spectrum of American policies and politics it is not an extreme idea.  I mean that it is not some extreme leftist scheme.  

• 2 weeks later...
Essplain.  Do you have specifics?  Numbers?

"If we pass this that and the other thing, we would cut out 90% of the problem in five years" kind of thing.  Because that's something the public could seriously afford to know about.

:unsure: