An Old School Catholic Message Board

Baltimore To Spy On Citizens Taking Public Transportation

Lil Red

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1352768349' post='2508829']
No one is proposing to control what one does with one's private property. We're talking about government surveillance.
[/quote]

In reality its all " government surveillance " police can access all video anywhere most times with no more right than just asking to see it. You would think they would at least need a proper warrant.

ed

[quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1352870684' post='2509732']
In reality its all " government surveillance " police can access all video anywhere most times with no more right than just asking to see it. You would think they would at least need a proper warrant.

ed
[/quote]
The State owns everything, according to the State. And the typical citizen is so afflicted with Stockholm Syndrome that he will defend this without even realizing.

Ash Wednesday

[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff359/mmmaaadworld/Rk7D5lCsI8ohhkvdE0ryanbs_400.jpg[/img]

It's a way of life here in the U.K...

When I take the train I always throw my garbage into the bin on the way out, not only because litter is uncool, but I'm always worried someone watching through the camera will report me for some odd reason if I forget. :paperbag:

Have you guys seen baltimore?

[img]http://streetknowledge.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/omar.jpg[/img]

OMAR COMIN' YO.

One must discern between private and public sectors.

A department store, ATM, gas stations are privately run and you have a choice not to use them if you are so offended. They are not using or sharing this with public sector unless a crime is committed.

Public is another story. You have no choice. Therefore, when the government implements such things, it is an issue that must be dealt with. If facial recognition software is available, other branches will gain access. At first it will be to catch a crook, then to catch someone who the IRS wants to grab or even a local prospective juror who has evaded the county.

Very different. Private is one story. Public is tyrannical.

[quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1352755606' post='2508722']
No one seems to care they film your child on the school bus. Nor does anyone mind the multitudes of cameras on every street and building, nor the cameras that most department stores use in their dressing rooms to " save you money by cutting down on the loss incurred by theft". Next time you enter the mall, smile for the camera that is monitoring your every move. Keep you hair and makeup nice for all tose cameras on every stop light, no, not the ones that send out automatic tickets for running the red light, the surveillance cameras that are everywhere. They are on your ATM's at your gas station and convenient stores, your grocery stores and restaurants. This battle is already lost in the Nanny States of America

ed
[/quote]

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1352907256' post='2509837']
The State owns everything, according to the State. And the typical citizen is so afflicted with Stockholm Syndrome that he will defend this without even realizing.
[/quote]

Oh man, you about gave me a heart attack ! I can not believe that I agree wholeheartedly with your post.

ed