An Old School Catholic Message Board

There's Hope For Romney To Win Yet!

Aloysius

Wow, I was very surprised-- the Carolina Panthers actually beat the Washington Redskins today, in their last home game before the election.

This bodes well for all you Romney fans, because in every election since 1940, when that happens the party that won the popular vote in the previous election loses. (Obama won the popular vote in 2008 ;) )
http://www.cracked.com/article_20139_6-bizarre-factors-that-predict-every-presidential-election_p2.html

Obama's still got the Halloween Masks, the location of the Summer Olympics, and the Kids' election going for him, but the Halloweeen streak only goes back to 1980, and the kids have been wrong about 2 of the past 17 elections.

So which streak will break? I was actually expecting the Panthers to lose, I was going to come taunt everyone about it lol, but now it looks like the Panthers have given you hope for winning yet!

homeschoolmom

[url="http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/naturally-selected/201210/will-height-decide-the-2012-presidential-election-1"]Height.[/url]

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352078995' post='2504198']
Is Romney a leftie? That seems important too.
[/quote]
Romney is a righty. Obama is a lefty.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1352079574' post='2504201']
Romney is a righty. Obama is a lefty.
[/quote]
Oh, another hit against Romney then.

I will call it now- it is going to be Obama. Romney simply cannot catch up in win predictors. :|

haha I like the ones in the cracked article best, except their lame attempt to make one up with the Oscar thing... basically admitted they were just being a vague Nostradamus by not actually predicting this one and saying they'd fill it in after the election lol. the height thing seems too scientific and much less of a fun streak haha.

what's this about left handedness?

homeschoolmom

Well, I'm thinking the mask one was due to the fact that an Obama second term is freaky scary (and isn't that what Halloween is about?).

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Aloysius' timestamp='1352079759' post='2504204']
what's this about left handedness?
[/quote]
W was a righty, but otherwise, in recent years, the president is a lefty. (Carter was the next righty.)

So of the last 6, 4 have been lefties... that is a bit statistically strange... but I dunno, if W was a righty, then 1/3 of the last 3 Republican Presidents were righties and Romney winning would just make it half... hmmm...

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Aloysius' timestamp='1352080364' post='2504215']
So of the last 6, 4 have been lefties... that is a bit statistically strange... but I dunno, if W was a righty, then 1/3 of the last 3 Republican Presidents were righties and Romney winning would just make it half... hmmm...
[/quote]
According to wikipedia, Reagan was ambidextrous. Have fun with that!

[quote name='Aloysius' timestamp='1352080364' post='2504215']
[/quote]
A good point.

Rumour I am reading right now is that Reagan was naturally left handed, but compelled by early teachers to learn to write right handed. So often considered ambidextrous.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1352080449' post='2504216']
According to wikipedia, Reagan was ambidextrous. Have fun with that!
[/quote]
Great minds, HSM... :hehe:

The real scary thing is that there are people out there that might just think a coincidence is some sort of omen or fact. I would never have even considered this, its more important to me that Obama is so under-handed.

ed

HisChildForever

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1352123768' post='2504454']
the apostrophes are lonely
[/quote]

LOL I almost spit out my coffee