An Old School Catholic Message Board

Election May Continue To Almost December

BG45

Eagle Eye, I agree with it being a chance for abuse too. Though I think NY was already firmly in the Obama column. A friend had a horrible, yet somewhat funny idea about if voter turnout was low enough for them to make another day at a later time. He said the campaigns would have the following reaction in how much to spend in NY until their second election, "SPEND ALL THE MONIES!!!"

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1352065306' post='2504056']
so you've actually been sober in all those posts?
[/quote]

Canadians are slighty mentally deficient due to the effect of the 9 1/2 months of freezing and the toll it takes on them by freezing brain cells, so sober is a relative term to Canadians...

ed

But then there's also a second issue: even if there is power at the polling places, gas rationing in NY/NJ is causing serious problems for those attempting to drive there...

It's a terrible mess. I'm ready for it to be done.

Actually, this is where the Electoral College is great. Fewer votes in NY and NJ due to weather disruption is just fewer votes but ALL the electoral votes that represent the majority in the state will still be counted.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1352069778' post='2504139']
But then there's also a second issue: even if there is power at the polling places, gas rationing in NY/NJ is causing serious problems for those attempting to drive there...

It's a terrible mess. I'm ready for it to be done.
[/quote]

My son was driving to DC tonight and he said he saw miles of gas convoys heading your way.

I think it's pretty safe to say we can just call New York for Obama anyway. Even if it''s not official I don't think the results for the Presidential race will actually be in doubt.