An Old School Catholic Message Board

Westboro Baptist May Win In Kansas Election

BG45

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Staretz' timestamp='1352308742' post='2505825']
But, back to the original topic: Did the wbc guy win the school board post?
[/quote]
[url="http://cjonline.com/news/2012-11-06/campbell-beats-wbc-follower"]No. [/url]

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1352311607' post='2505859']
[url="http://cjonline.com/news/2012-11-06/campbell-beats-wbc-follower"]No.[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks be to God!

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

[quote name='To Jesus Through Mary' timestamp='1352083148' post='2504234']

That was MY exact thought!! I just cannot understand... I mean KS can be pretty bigoted but they still love their military. So even the rednecks don't like em. Go figure...

ETA: Or maybe this boss guy is among family or BFF... idk
[/quote]

As a Kansan I just have to say I take great offense at saying KS can be pretty bigoted...I have lived as a Resident of Kansas my whole life and the vast majority of Kansans are NOT bigoted, I have been all over the world and many Kansans are indeed aware of those outside of our border...the WBC is a disgrace to all who call themselves Kansans, Christians, and human.

Interesting side note: the etymology of the word "bigot" had interested me just lately, so I looked it up. Turns out nobody really knows where the word comes from.

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1352255702' post='2505395']

You're misunderstanding the message of the Westboro Baptist Church. Being so close to it in proximity I can tell you their message is not that God hates every human being on the planet. Their message is that God hates every human being on the planet except [i]them[/i], for they are the only true Christians that exist in the world and are therefore the only ones to be saved. Everyone else is going to burn in a lake of fire as they and God laugh.
[/quote]

I have had many conversations with members of WBC and even Fred himself...they truly believe they are the "Noah" of a new age and that they are the prophetic messengers of God.