An Old School Catholic Message Board

Don't Hate. Romney Is 99% More Pro-life Than Obama.

dUSt

[quote name='KnightofChrist' timestamp='1351801009' post='2502151']
I'm just going to vote for the Pope and be done with it.
[/quote]whats his economic plan and stance regarding trade with Latin America and investing in ports in the west coast if Florida?

missionseeker

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351793546' post='2502090']
You deny that it is possible for someone to become pro-life after they were pro-choice? That's insane.

#Exit-Fantasy-Land
[/quote]

Yes. But when someone says they've changed, we generally reserve judgment until we see evidence of it. In Romney's case, there really isn't any. Yet. Hey, who knows, maybe he'll step up.

That said, pro-life is encompassing of ALL life. Contraceptives, euthanasia, embryonic stem cell research, IVF, using methods of warfare that kill innocent people, torture, even sometimes capital punishment- besides abortion are all pro-life issues. These are things that we should measure when considering a candidate that claims to be prolife. What is the person's record on that stuff? Yes, abortion is a BIG part of being prolife. But it's not the only part.

[quote name='add' timestamp='1351815826' post='2502380']

Roe vs. Wade has been the law of the land for 39 years no one can change that despicable fact of life and death.

Your comrade Obama has upped the anti by requiring that catholic institutions provide birth control , abortion pills and is infringing on Christian morals. Romney isn't perfect, but I will take him any day of the week over the alternative.

Obama is on record that abortion must be available even for his own daughters if they make a mistake by becoming pregnant. A man willing to advocate terminating his own grandchild in order to get elected is , in my option troubling and disgraceful...
[/quote]

[quote name='jaime' timestamp='1351803132' post='2502164']

The popular sense of the word is not the Catholic sense of the word. i thought we were supposed to be following a higher teaching around these parts. Saying Romney is pro-life is like saying going to a Lutheran communion service is "close enough" to mass

Who's the guy who's misleading people? I'm not going to change terminology to fit a culture. I prefer to define things the way the Church calls us to. Good luck finding any priest or bishop who will state that allowing abortion with regards to rape, incest or mother is a pro-life Catholic stance.

The title of this thread is a lie
[/quote]
Roe vs. Wade has been the law of the land for 39 years no one can change that despicable fact of life and death.

Your comrade Obama has upped the anti by requiring that catholic institutions provide birth control , abortion pills and is infringing on Christian morals. Romney isn't perfect, but I will take him any day of the week over the alternative.

Obama is on record that abortion must be available even for his own daughters if they make a mistake by becoming pregnant. A man willing to advocate terminating his own grandchild in order to get elected is , in my option troubling.

Edited by add

Obama is on record that abortion must be available even for his own daughters if they make a mistake by becoming pregnant. A man willing to advocate terminating his own grandchild in order to get elected is , in my option troubling.
[/quote]
Roe V Wade is an overreach of Federal power. Missing Jaime supporting Obama.

[/quote]

[mod]Profanity. -dUSt[/mod]

What kind of bean sprouts for brains allows you to think that my post in any way promotes Obama?

[quote name='jaime' timestamp='1351815959' post='2502383']

No [i][color=#ff0000]poo[/color][/i] Sherlock

What kind of bean sprouts for brains allows you to think that my post in any way promotes Obama?
[/quote]
Just saying. Read into it what you will

[quote name='add' timestamp='1351816363' post='2502392']
Just saying. Read into it what you will
[/quote]

Read into it what I will? You called him "my" comrade. That's not reading into things. It's what you said.

[quote name='jaime' timestamp='1351817199' post='2502409']

Read into it what I will? You called him "my" comrade. That's not reading into things. It's what you said.
[/quote]
Funny how idiotic accusations never get backed up, ain't it?

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1351820023' post='2502455']
Funny how idiotic accusations never get backed up, ain't it?
[/quote]

Easy for you to say mr Allah akbar muslim!!

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1351814459' post='2502367']
Yes. But when someone says they've changed, we generally reserve judgment until we see evidence of it. In Romney's case, there really isn't any. Yet. Hey, who knows, maybe he'll step up.
[/quote]
Let's see. He's had to make one major decision so far in regards to his potential presidency, his VP selection... and he picked a staunchly pro-life Catholic. That is "evidence" to me.

[quote]That said, pro-life is encompassing of ALL life. Contraceptives, euthanasia, embryonic stem cell research, IVF, using methods of warfare that kill innocent people, torture, even sometimes capital punishment- besides abortion are all pro-life issues. These are things that we should measure when considering a candidate that claims to be prolife. What is the person's record on that stuff? Yes, abortion is a BIG part of being prolife. But it's not the only part.
[/quote]
This is true, but is also the same argument made by Catholics who vote Obama.

missionseeker

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351820833' post='2502472']
Let's see. He's had to make one major decision so far in regards to his potential presidency, his VP selection... and he picked a staunchly pro-life Catholic. That is "evidence" to me.

This is true, but is also the same argument made by Catholics who vote Obama.
[/quote]

But Paul Ryan has since caved to the party. He's now spouting the "except in cases of rape, etc" And maybe that's one of those times where he thinks he can bring more good out of compromising, I don't know.

And I'm not sure what you mean by the last.

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1351821063' post='2502481']
But Paul Ryan has since caved to the party. He's now spouting the "except in cases of rape, etc" And maybe that's one of those times where he thinks he can bring more good out of compromising, I don't know.
[/quote]
Ryan is not changing his views. He is running on a ticket where that is the platform.