An Old School Catholic Message Board

Don't Hate. Romney Is 99% More Pro-life Than Obama.

dUSt

[quote name='jaime' timestamp='1351780839' post='2502018']
Calling Romney pro life is the lie. I've not stated inaccurate facts
[/quote]
You have. The "health of the mother" stance is not accurate. That is not his stance.
To keep saying it is is a lie, and you know it.

[i]"I am pro-life and believe that abortion should be limited to only instances of rape, incest, or to [b]save the life of the mother[/b]. I support the reversal of Roe vs. Wade, because it is bad law and bad medicine." [/i]

It is not the perfect Catholic stance, but it is considerably more pro-life than Obama. Stop lying.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1351792014' post='2502075']
Romneycare is action. And Romneycare pays for abortion. Deal with it.
[/quote]
Deal with the fact that he is no longer the governor of Massachusetts and he is now against Obamacare.

#Exit-Fantasy-Land

[quote name='tinytherese' timestamp='1351774818' post='2501981']
Dust, what's the point in doing this? We've been debating about this for what feels like a really long time already. I like other posters may be as well, are tired of this. People have already made their points countless times, so why have us go on this merry-go-round again?
[/quote]
Because it is important for people to know that Mitt Romney is considerably more pro-life than Obama, and not the same.

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351792593' post='2502079']
Deal with the fact that he is no longer the governor of Massachusetts and he is now against Obamacare.

#Exit-Fantasy-Land
[/quote]
That is still action vs. word.

Deal with it.

You're actually excusing his actions. That's beyond the pale.

Edited by Winchester

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351792442' post='2502077']

You have. The "health of the mother" stance is not accurate. That is not his stance.
To keep saying it is is a lie, and you know it.

[i]"I am pro-life and believe that abortion should be limited to only instances of rape, incest, or to [b]save the life of the mother[/b]. I support the reversal of Roe vs. Wade, because it is bad law and bad medicine." [/i]

It is not the perfect Catholic stance, but it is considerably more pro-life than Obama. Stop lying.
[/quote]

By your own quote, you label him pro choice. Stop calling me a liar. you are going with a protestant definition on your own Catholic site. Be Catholic and speak the truth

Like I pointed out, his position is hard to discern, but you keep going with the latest quote, instead of his history.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1351793250' post='2502087']
Like I pointed out, his position is hard to discern, but you keep going with the latest quote, instead of his history.
[/quote]
You deny that it is possible for someone to become pro-life after they were pro-choice? That's insane.

#Exit-Fantasy-Land

[quote name='jaime' timestamp='1351793177' post='2502086']
Stop calling me a liar.
[/quote]

When you say his stance is "health of the mother" when you know perfectly well that his official stance is "life of the mother", you are lying. I'm just keeping it real.

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351793546' post='2502090']
You deny that it is possible for someone to become pro-life after they were pro-choice? That's insane.

#Exit-Fantasy-Land
[/quote]
Word vs. Action.

This is not rocket surgery. Just read the words.

You judge him by his recent words. I will judge him by his actions. At the very least, you should admit he's suspect, but the better hope.

eagle_eye222001

Romney believes mothers with health issues have a choice. Romney believes women raped have a choice. Romney believes women in incest relations have a choice.

That is pro-choice. To even drop the words "pro-life" is to pile mud and distort the truth.

Romney is pro-choice. Granted, he is on a spectrum of pro-choice.....but he is NOT on a spectrum of Pro-life. Then you are just playing euphemistic word games.

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' timestamp='1351793983' post='2502101']
Romney believes mothers with health issues have a choice. Romney believes women raped have a choice. Romney believes women in incest relations have a choice.

That is pro-choice. To even drop the words "pro-life" is to pile mud and distort the truth.

Romney is pro-choice. Granted, he is on a spectrum of pro-choice.....but he is NOT on a spectrum of Pro-life. Then you are just playing euphemistic word games.
[/quote]
To say Romney is "pro-choice" is simply dishonest rhetoric.

He is not perfectly pro-life. He is not in line with Catholic teaching on the matter.

But, he is running against the most pro-abortion president in history. Obama is pro-choice. To equate Romney to Obama by also calling him pro-choice is just having politically dishonest fun with words.

In the popular sense of the word, Romney is pro-life. He is endorsed by the National Right to Life Committee. Stop trying to mislead people.

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351795675' post='2502111']
To say Romney is "pro-choice" is simply dishonest rhetoric.

He is not perfectly pro-life. He is not in line with Catholic teaching on the matter.

But, he is running against the most pro-abortion president in history. Obama is pro-choice. To equate Romney to Obama by also calling him pro-choice is just having politically dishonest fun with words.

In the popular sense of the word, Romney is pro-life. He is endorsed by the National Right to Life Committee. Stop trying to mislead people.
[/quote]

There is a spectrum of pro-choice that was pointed out eions ago by Jaime. I don't care what word-use is popular. I use what is accurate and truthful.

The NRLC like several other organizations have sold themselves out to Romney. That's their call. I don't blindly follow endorsements.

It has been argued several times successfully on this phorum that it is a lie to pretend Romney is "pro-life" (Hitler vs. Stalin scenario).

I am not misleading anyone. I am making people aware of the real Mitt Romney.

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' timestamp='1351796182' post='2502113']
I don't care what word-use is popular. I use what is accurate and truthful.
I am not misleading anyone. I am making people aware of the real Mitt Romney.
[/quote]
"Pro-life" is not a word defined in the dictionary. It is a socially defined label. I understand you don't care about popular words, but if you are truly concerned with being "accurate and truthful", leave the "pro-life" and "pro-choice" labels out of your mouth all together, because like it or not, they do have a popular meaning that is not defined by AP Stylebook experts you and jaime.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351793643' post='2502091']

When you say his stance is "health of the mother" when you know perfectly well that his official stance is "life of the mother", you are lying. I'm just keeping it real.
[/quote]

Jaime and I have rarely agreed on anything and perhaps even more rarely got along with one another. But he is still our brother in Christ, thus I will defend him from your personal attack. Jaime and others has every right not to trust Romney to be pro-life. Mitt has given us good reason not to trust him.

Example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2gwbGnti5A

[quote name='KnightofChrist' timestamp='1351796819' post='2502118']
Jaime and I have rarely agreed on anything and perhaps even more rarely got along with one another. But he is still our brother in Christ, thus I will defend him from your personal attack. Jaime and others has every right not to trust Romney to be pro-life. Mitt has given us good reason not to trust him.
[/quote]
Wow. You present a spliced up out-of-context video spanning decades as your reason for not trusting him?

Everyone that has been paying any attention knows that Romney use to be pro-choice. He changed his position. It is possible for a pro-choice person to become pro-life. That is what we all fight and hope for. So now that it actually has happened to someone in politics they get bashed for it.

Regardless, it isn't about trust. It is about jaime being dishonest when presenting Romney's stance as "health of the mother" when his stance is actually "life of the mother".