An Old School Catholic Message Board

Will All Of You Pro-romney People Apologize When...

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351728834' post='2501538']
Mathematically speaking, that is true of your vote as well.
You are also more likely to die in a car crash on the way to your polling station, than for your vote to actually affect anything.
[/quote]
Not true.

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1351728954' post='2501539']
Then why are you so vehement that it's a wasted vote for so many people? Several people have said they are not in swing states, so it won't matter anyway, and yet the argument that it's a wasted vote continues.
[/quote]
I am posting for the benefit of the people in Ohio.

Mathematically speaking you are many times better off playing the lottery. The marginal value of the time it takes you to vote, guaranteed, is worth more than the expected return from your vote.
This is just pure statistics. There is no ideology or politicking here.

MissScripture

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351729964' post='2501556']
I am posting for the benefit of the people in Ohio.
[/quote]
That's a silly argument.

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351728589' post='2501537']

If you're not in a swing state, voting third party seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to do.
[/quote]
I live not in a swing (big democrat) State, a vote for Rommey is not a waste of time

homeschoolmom

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1351729720' post='2501551']
Our doorbell doesn't work. :|
And we've only had like 15 kids. Last year we had like 60 and our light was burned out for half of it. Idk where they are.

The liberals that we are, it's probably that they're avoiding our house because we used to have a sign in our yard supporting the marriage amendment (the wind ate it).
[/quote]

My daughter suggested the same thing as a reason that we weren't getting a lot of trick-or-treaters-- they saw our sign for the marriage amendment... that was out in our yard for a few days until the wind ate it. :( But we've since had a bunch, so I'm thinking not really.

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1351731319' post='2501574']
My daughter suggested the same thing as a reason that we weren't getting a lot of trick-or-treaters-- they saw our sign for the marriage amendment... that was out in our yard for a few days until the wind ate it. :( But we've since had a bunch, so I'm thinking not really.
[/quote]

Kids dont give a carp. They just want candy

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' timestamp='1351731376' post='2501577']

Kids dont give a carp. They just want candy
[/quote]
That's what I told her.

[quote name='add' timestamp='1351731128' post='2501572']
I live not in a swing (big democrat) State, a vote for Rommey is not a waste of time
[/quote]
I do not think it is a waste of time either.

Despite what my fellow phatmassers are saying about holding out for a "true pro-life candidate", the fact is, to the average American, Romney [b]is[/b] the pro-life candidate. So, when Americans and the media see people voting third party or not voting, all they see is people not voting for the pro-life guy (as perceived by most Americans). So, despite the anti-Romney camp's good intentions and their strategy of "making it better for the future", they quite possibly could just be making it worse, because in the eyes of most Americans, the "pro-life" candidate was [b]not[/b] supported by the people who were supposedly suppose to care for such things--making it that much easier to dismiss the pro-life agenda in the future.

MissScripture

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351732014' post='2501594']

I do not think it is a waste of time either.

Despite what my fellow phatmassers are saying about holding out for a "true pro-life candidate", the fact is, to the average American, Romney [b]is[/b] the pro-life candidate. So, when Americans and the media see people voting third party or not voting, all they see is people not voting for the pro-life guy (as perceived by most Americans). So, despite the anti-Romney camp's good intentions and their strategy of "making it better for the future", they quite possibly could just be making it worse, because in the eyes of most Americans, the "pro-life" candidate was [b]not[/b] supported by the people who were supposedly suppose to care for such things--making it that much easier to dismiss the pro-life agenda in the future.
[/quote]
That's a silly argument.

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1351732293' post='2501598']
That's a silly argument.
[/quote]
I don't see how factoring in the popular opinion of most Americans when trying to determine the best plan of action to influence a vote based on the popular opinion of most Americans is a silly argument.

MissScripture

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351732455' post='2501600']

I don't see how factoring in the popular opinion of most Americans when trying to determine the best plan of action to influence a vote based on the popular opinion of most Americans is a silly argument.
[/quote]
That's a silly argument.