An Old School Catholic Message Board

Will All Of You Pro-romney People Apologize When...

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1351726683' post='2501494']
But if prolife people actually voted for a truly prolife candidate he COULD win.
[/quote]
If every Catholic voted for the pope, the pope would win. This wishful thinking has no bearing on this election at all.

[quote name='Aloysius' timestamp='1351726743' post='2501498']
you think voting for Romney makes you relevant? sorry, man, that's not the way the game is played. politicians only care about the undecided voters, the voters who aren't in-the-bag for them no matter what. consistently falling hook, line, and sinker for the two-party argument like this makes you LESS relevant to them, not more. It makes you LESS effective in the long term game of politics, not more. A vote is only valuable if you ever at least seriously consider the possibility of withholding that vote; if that possibility is totally unthinkable to you, you are irrelevant to the political process.
[/quote]
My concern is not becoming relevant to future candidates. My concern is not becoming irrelevant for this particular election at this particular time.

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351726979' post='2501505']
If every Catholic voted for the pope, the pope would win. This wishful thinking has no bearing on this election at all.
[/quote]

Pope can't be elected. Educate yourself. Silly argument to make

Edited by Roamin_Catholic

Basilisa Marie

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351726821' post='2501500']
You voting third party right now will have absolutely no effect on any long term goal.
[/quote]

Since when do we Christians denounce someone's actions because they're too little? Last time I checked, we made the champion of the little way a Doctor of the Church.

My single vote is not very big, and is so little that it's virtually meaningless. But my voice doesn't have to be so little. If we come together, and stand for Catholic principles, we could actually make a difference in our world. We could change the system.

MissScripture

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351726821' post='2501500']

You voting third party right now will have absolutely no effect on any long term goal.
[/quote]
And my voting 3rd party won't have any effect on Romney getting elected or not. So why is it a problem for you?

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1351727864' post='2501526']
And my voting 3rd party won't have any effect on Romney getting elected or not. So why is it a problem for you?
[/quote]

Because obviously if you don't agree with them; you must not really be pro-life and secretly want Obama elected.

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' timestamp='1351727115' post='2501510']
Pope can't be elected. Educate yourself. Silly argument to make
[/quote]
A third party candidate can't be elected. Educate yourself. Silly argument to make

[quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1351727295' post='2501512']
My single vote is not very big, and is so little that it's virtually meaningless. But my voice doesn't have to be so little. If we come together, and stand for Catholic principles, we could actually make a difference in our world. We could change the system.
[/quote]
The gas money you spend to drive to the election place would be better off being used to print out flyers explaining how to form a Catholic conscience. That may actually impact something. You wasting your time voting for a third party candidate in [b]this[/b] election will have zero impact on anything.

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1351727864' post='2501526']
[/quote]
If you're not in a swing state, voting third party seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351728496' post='2501535']
The gas money you spend to drive to the election place would be better off being used to print out flyers explaining how to form a Catholic conscience. That may actually impact something. You wasting your time voting for a third party candidate in [b]this[/b] election will have zero impact on anything.
[/quote]
Mathematically speaking, that is true of your vote as well.
You are also more likely to die in a car crash on the way to your polling station, than for your vote to actually affect anything.

MissScripture

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351728589' post='2501537']
If you're not in a swing state, voting third party seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to do.
[/quote]
Then why are you so vehement that it's a wasted vote for so many people? Several people have said they are not in swing states, so it won't matter anyway, and yet the argument that it's a wasted vote continues.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1351729350' post='2501545']
Don't you people have doorbells to be answering every five seconds??
[/quote]
I live in a curmudgeonly apartment complex. :(

MissScripture

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1351729350' post='2501545']
Don't you people have doorbells to be answering every five seconds??
[/quote]
Our doorbell doesn't work. :|
And we've only had like 15 kids. Last year we had like 60 and our light was burned out for half of it. Idk where they are.

The liberals that we are, it's probably that they're avoiding our house because we used to have a sign in our yard supporting the marriage amendment (the wind ate it).