An Old School Catholic Message Board

Will All Of You Pro-romney People Apologize When...

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' timestamp='1351726376' post='2501484']

And he isn't truly pro-life.
[/quote]
Yeah, I said that.

Y'all need more kittens in your politics.

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_fAdSVHWcWZQ/STc9tWIMY8I/AAAAAAAAA-Y/ITgh4NQ6tQU/s400/stephen-harper-kitten.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1351725995' post='2501479']
Incidentally, the ONLY candidate in this election who has a 100% pro-life voting record and has promised to advance the pro-life cause is a third party candidate.
[/quote]
A third party candidate cannot win. You are advocating that we become irrelevant. I disagree with that position.

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1351726472' post='2501486']
Yeah, I said that.
[/quote]

Well played my friend. Well played...

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1351726341' post='2501483']
But here's the thing: Romney believes in omnipresent government. He believes in social programs. He believes in a government empowered to provide or take whatever it wants. He loves big government.
[/quote]
Second rate issues.

[quote]And he isn't truly Pro-life.
[/quote]
Non-negotiable issue--and he's less pro-abortion than Obama.

Basilisa Marie

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351726503' post='2501488']
A third party candidate cannot win. You are advocating that we become irrelevant. I disagree with that position.
[/quote]

You're assuming that we already are irrelevant. That if we stood together, we couldn't effect meaningful change in our political system.

If ALL the pro-life people voted for the candidate who was actually pro-life, he'd have a chance of winning. We have to stop thinking in the short term, and think about long-term goals.

Roamin Catholic

[/quote]

By settling for Mitt instead of truly voting pro-life we could cause ourselves to become irrelevant by making others think the church is ok with abortion.

MissScripture

[/quote]
But if prolife people actually voted for a truly prolife candidate he COULD win.

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351726608' post='2501491']
Second rate issues.

Non-negotiable issue--and he's less pro-abortion than Obama.
[/quote]
He signed a bill that directly pays for abortion. Unless Obama is running around with a suction machine and spreaders, I'm not sure that's really true.

MissScripture

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' timestamp='1351726668' post='2501493']

By settling for Mitt instead of truly voting pro-life we could cause ourselves to become irrelevant by making others think the church is ok with abortion.
[/quote]
Which it isn't. Ever. Even if the mother could die.

you think voting for Romney makes you relevant? sorry, man, that's not the way the game is played. politicians only care about the undecided voters, the voters who aren't in-the-bag for them no matter what. consistently falling hook, line, and sinker for the two-party argument like this makes you LESS relevant to them, not more. It makes you LESS effective in the long term game of politics, not more. A vote is only valuable if you ever at least seriously consider the possibility of withholding that vote; if that possibility is totally unthinkable to you, you are irrelevant to the political process.

[quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1351726665' post='2501492']

You're assuming that we already are irrelevant. That if we stood together, we couldn't effect meaningful change in our political system.

If ALL the pro-life people voted for the candidate who was actually pro-life, he'd have a chance of winning. We have to stop thinking in the short term, and think about long-term goals.
[/quote]
You voting third party right now will have absolutely no effect on any long term goal.

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351726608' post='2501491']
Non-negotiable issue--
[/quote]

the non-negotiable states that the child shouldn't suffer for the sin of the parents. By voting for Romney we are compromising and saying that it is ok to punish that child for the overall cause. I refuse to compromise my beliefs. I believe in what the Catholic church teaches and I can not in good conscious vote for someone that violates the non-negotiable in any way.

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' timestamp='1351726668' post='2501493']

[/quote]
A Catholic who votes for Mitt Romney will not make anyone think the church is ok with abortion. This is a silly argument.

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351726821' post='2501500']
You voting third party right now will have absolutely no effect on any long term goal.
[/quote]
Unless we get the 5%.