Can Catholics Vote For Obama?

Anomaly

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352154173' post='2504735']
You really have not been here long. :smile3:
[/quote]

So? Does that make me wrong?

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1352154236' post='2504737']
No. Only if you are on the right side of the truth. W[b]e have to do the right thing a[/b]nd leave the rest up to God for Him to decide our destiny.
[/quote]

Others differ with you on what "the right thing" is. That's the issue.

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1352154357' post='2504738']
So? Does that make me wrong?
[/quote]
It makes you say a lot of very silly things.

Jeffrey Tucker on Facebook:

Politics is the force that gives life meaning. It is what people do in order to convince themselves that they are making a difference in the world, that their lives are not petty and useless, but big and important. They do it because they want to affirm their own significance in the course of human events. But they are living an illusion. They are dupes of a process. What these people do not know is that there, in fact, millions of authentic ways to give life meaning that are true and honest and do not involve robbery, coercion, deception, trickery, and injustice; it is a matter of finding and embracing them with authentic passion and love.

[quote name='HisChildForever' timestamp='1352154205' post='2504736']

That's it. I've been patient. I've been kind. Insert the rest of the Corinthians verse here. But you know what, sweetheart? If you don't talk to people with kindness and respect you're not going to get any in return. Oh, and there's no reason to shout at me with your scary caps lock. It's obvious that you're only interested in being fresh and talking past people. But hey, here's a novel idea. Why don't you chill out and then reread peoples' posts without the veil of conspiracy over your eyes.

I think we should start a pool, actually. If Obama wins, I bet five bucks you'll make a thread or a zillion posts blaming the third party voters with a smug "I told you so." And if Romney wins, you'll realize that you've gotten yourself in a twist on an online forum for no good reason. Not that there's ever a good reason to spazz out on an online forum, but you know what I'm saying.
[/quote]

No, I don't know what you're saying, but one thing I know is that you're very good at spinning the truth, and at drowning reality, and at accusing others of many things they are not, and at them doing things they haven't, and at saying things they didn't. That is what I know about you. There are many people like you among the liberals.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1352154369' post='2504739']
Others differ with you on what "the right thing" is. That's the issue.
[/quote]

The right thing is to get rid of Obama who is against Christianity, therefore vote for Romney. What part of what I'm saying is hard to understand? Do you live in America, do you listen to the news?

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1352154963' post='2504748']
The right thing is to get rid of Obama who is against Christianity, therefore vote for Romney. What part of what I'm saying is hard to understand? Do you live in America, do you listen to the news?
[/quote]
Accusing people of not understanding simply because they disagree with you indicates a very, very narrow understanding of the issues at stake here.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352154606' post='2504741']
Jeffrey Tucker on Facebook:

Politics is the force that gives life meaning. It is what people do in order to convince themselves that they are making a difference in the world, that their lives are not petty and useless, but big and important. They do it because they want to affirm their own significance in the course of human events. But they are living an illusion. They are dupes of a process. What these people do not know is that there, in fact, millions of authentic ways to give life meaning that are true and honest and do not involve robbery, coercion, deception, trickery, and injustice; it is a matter of finding and embracing them with authentic passion and love.
[/quote]

You're misplaced ideology is hurting this country tremendously. Go back to Canada, or stay in Canada if that's where you are and mind your own business and we mind ours. We don't need anymore misleading people here.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1352154824' post='2504746']

No, I don't know what you're saying, but one thing I know is that you're very good at spinning the truth, and at drowning reality, and at accusing others of many things they are not, and at them doing things they haven't, and at saying things they didn't. That is what I know about you. There are many people like you among the liberals.
[/quote]

Oh heck, you figured me out. *dramatic snap*

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1352155275' post='2504754']
You're misplaced ideology is hurting this country tremendously. Go back to Canada, or stay in Canada if that's where you are and mind your own business and we mind ours. We don't need anymore misleading people here.
[/quote]
*your

If I wanted to, I could just as easily say:

Your misplaced ideology is hurting the Church tremendously. Stay off the internet and mind your own business and we mind ours. We do not need any more misleading people here.

See how easy it is to sling mud around? :smile3:
But, it is not constructive. It says precisely nothing of value. It is entirely hot air and bluster. Is that really the best you can do? I hope not.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352155012' post='2504750']
Accusing people of not understanding simply because they disagree with you indicates a very, very narrow understanding of the issues at stake here.
[/quote]

The only thing I'm accusing you of, is your refusal to understand very simple and clear facts that a 5 year old would have by now. You're wasting my time, now you can go talk to yourself, it seems like you are the only person you are willing to understand. I'm through responding to you. It's simply useless and will never bear any fruits.

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1352155880' post='2504765']
The only thing I'm accusing you of, is your refusal to understand very simple and clear facts that a 5 year old would have by now. You're wasting my time, now you can go talk to yourself, it seems like you are the only person you are willing to understand. I'm through responding to you. It's simply useless and will never bear any fruits.
[/quote]
Have fun navel-gazing. :wave:

homeschoolmom

[/quote]

I think he understands me pretty well, even though I completely disagree with him.

HisChildForever

[/quote]

I look forward to the moment when you realize that everyone's on the same page but you. Assuming the moment ever comes, of course.