An Old School Catholic Message Board

Can Catholics Vote For Obama?

Anomaly

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' timestamp='1352152861' post='2504710']
Obama is the most heinous President American Catholics have ever seen in their lifetime, ever.
[/quote]
[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/97528-who-do-you-think-was-the-best-president/page__st__20"]Obama is the most overrated president of our time.[/url] :|

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1352153282' post='2504714']
The right and obvious decision is easy for everybody.
[/quote]

For everybody who knows the truth, that is.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1352150752' post='2504684']

No one is questioning being a devout Catholic. I will question him not wanting Obama to get a second term. Why would he post a thread to "Not to vote for Romney" when clearly he is the only candidate that can get Obama out of office. This is not the time to split the Romney vote. This is the time to get Obama out. He has surely proven that he wants Obama to remain in office with all his Anti-Romney posts. Actions speak louder than words.
[/quote]

Who said you questioned his faith? No one. I pointed out that he is a devout Catholic to drive home the point that he is not an Obama supporter.

It's pretty much a given that no Catholic here supports Obama. Ergo, it's pointless to make a "Romney v. Obama" thread. A lot of Catholics right now are struggling over Romney. Ergo, it's more fruitful (or should be) to debate over Romney alone. They feel they can't in good conscience support him because he's not completely conservative and also not completely pro-life. God knows their heart (and their struggle) and isn't going to smite them for going third party or write-in. This is a gray area for a lot of Catholics. It was pretty easy for me at the onset of the race to settle for Romney, but not everyone is comfortable with that.

Here is the thing, Freebird. I hate Obama and everything he stands for. There it is. That is it.

From here on out, whenever you try to imply or outright say that I am supporting Obama, you will be [i]lying[/i], which is sinful, and you will be guilty of [i]detraction[/i], which is also sinful. If you are as strong a Catholic as you say you are, and I have no reason to doubt that, then you will understand that lying and detraction are potentially serious sins. So I am warning you now, once and for all, so that you can avoid damaging your relationship with Christ.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352153371' post='2504716']
Of course I want Obama out, and I want Obamacare to be mercilessly destroyed. :)
But then I want everyone else out too. That is the key here, which you have, this entire time, refused to understand.

I am not really sure how me saying "destroy the entire system" translates for you as "I am ok with Obamacare." It shows either a serious lack of critical thinking, or an obstinate desire to make up positions for me. I do not know why you do it, but it really looks silly.
[/quote]

How do you want to destroy the system if you can't even change who's leading it? To change the actual leader we must vote for Romney then start the next step and go from there.

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1352153377' post='2504717']
[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/97528-who-do-you-think-was-the-best-president/page__st__20"]Obama is the most overrated president of our time.[/url] :|
[/quote]

I love you.

And seriously I've been reconsidering that title and giving it to the Big O instead. Which might make some JFK fans happy. :evil:

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1352153555' post='2504722']

How do you want to destroy the system if you can't even change who's leading it? To change the actual leader we must vote for Romney then start the next step and go from there.
[/quote]
I am standing on principle. I fundamentally disagree with both of them, therefore I cannot in good conscience support either.
Also I do not vote.
Also I am not American.

[quote name='HisChildForever' timestamp='1352153453' post='2504720']

Who said you questioned his faith? No one. I pointed out that he is a devout Catholic to drive home the point that he is not an Obama supporter.

It's pretty much a given that no Catholic here supports Obama. Ergo, it's pointless to make a "Romney v. Obama" thread. A lot of Catholics right now are struggling over Romney. Ergo, it's more fruitful (or should be) to debate over Romney alone. They feel they can't in good conscience support him because he's not completely conservative and also not completely pro-life. God knows their heart (and their struggle) and isn't going to smite them for going third party or write-in. This is a gray area for a lot of Catholics. It was pretty easy for me at the onset of the race to settle for Romney, but not everyone is comfortable with that.
[/quote]

WELL NOT SETTLING FOR ROMNEY, IS KEEPING OBAMA. HOW HARD TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT?????????

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352153525' post='2504721']
Here is the thing, Freebird. I hate Obama and everything he stands for. There it is. That is it.

From here on out, whenever you try to imply or outright say that I am supporting Obama, you will be [i]lying[/i], which is sinful, and you will be guilty of [i]detraction[/i], which is also sinful. If you are as strong a Catholic as you say you are, and I have no reason to doubt that, then you will understand that lying and detraction are potentially serious sins. So I am warning you now, once and for all, so that you can avoid damaging your relationship with Christ.
[/quote]

In one breath you're saying that you hate Obama, in the other you're saying things that will keep him as president for the next four years. So if someone is confusing, it's certainly not me. My conscience is as clear as a whistle.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1352153721' post='2504727']

WELL NOT SETTLING FOR ROMNEY, IS KEEPING OBAMA. HOW HARD TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT?????????
[/quote]
ONLY IF YOU ARE IN A SWING STATE!!! (See, I can use capslock, too.)

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352153616' post='2504724']
I am standing on principle. I fundamentally disagree with both of them, therefore I cannot in good conscience support either.
Also I do not vote.
Also I am not American.
[/quote]

Then please step aside and let those who know better and are less confused than you are, handle serious matters like these.

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1352153922' post='2504729']
In one breath you're saying that you hate Obama, in the other you're saying things that will keep him as president for the next four years. So if someone is confusing, it's certainly not me. My conscience is as clear as a whistle.
[/quote]

Good. My conscience is clear too. Now stop trying to tell people that their consciences are not as well formed as yours. It is silly.

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1352154062' post='2504732']
Then please step aside and let those who know better and are less confused than you are, handle serious matters like these.
[/quote]

You really have not been here long. :smile3:

HisChildForever

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1352153721' post='2504727']

[/quote]

That's it. I've been patient. I've been kind. Insert the rest of the Corinthians verse here. But you know what, sweetheart? If you don't talk to people with kindness and respect you're not going to get any in return. Oh, and there's no reason to shout at me with your scary caps lock. It's obvious that you're only interested in being fresh and talking past people. But hey, here's a novel idea. Why don't you chill out and then reread peoples' posts without the veil of conspiracy over your eyes.

I think we should start a pool, actually. If Obama wins, I bet five bucks you'll make a thread or a zillion posts blaming the third party voters with a smug "I told you so." And if Romney wins, you'll realize that you've gotten yourself in a twist on an online forum for no good reason. Not that there's ever a good reason to spazz out on an online forum, but you know what I'm saying.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1352154014' post='2504731']
ONLY IF YOU ARE IN A SWING STATE!!! (See, I can use capslock, too.)
[/quote]

No. Only if you are on the right side of the truth. We have to do the right thing and leave the rest up to God for Him to decide our destiny.