An Old School Catholic Message Board

Can Catholics Vote For Obama?

Anomaly

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352148679' post='2504658']
You know, trolling is all well and good and can lead to mutual lulz for everyone, but half the time this dude is just toxic.
[/quote]

I'm sure you're not talking about me because nothing I ever say is toxic.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1352147623' post='2504642']
Obviously you want a Democrat for president. Just go vote for Obama and don't bore me anymore with your long tirades and spin tactics. I've already told you everything you need to know about a 3rd party. Please save my time and yours. You'll need it for your studies.
[/quote]

This isn't fair. I don't agree with Al but I understand and respect what he's saying. I don't know him outside of his posts but I do know he's a devout Catholic and doesn't want Obama doing a second term.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Aloysius' timestamp='1352141425' post='2504604']
this is the thing about phatmass... I try to sanitize myself against saying ___ing and moaning and it doesn't exactly translate well. although I guess my first paragraph might even qualify under the non-sanitized version of what I was trying to say as well. my point was to respect the choice of others even those that disagree with you, to not go too far in your rhetoric against those that vote differently that you. that's not to be taken too absolutely, you have every right to argue against other voting strategies.

I guess I think you should understand my first paragraph in the context of my last paragraph: my first paragraph bemoans the particular two-choice mentality, but my last paragraph says that I respect your vote choice no matter who you choose, even if it's one of the two choices. I don't have a problem with you picking Romney, I have a problem with you saying that you absolutely have to pick either Romney or Obama--it's that particular argument that is the mindset that places the wrong man as president each time around.
[/quote]

I think I mistook your passion for complaining. Internet and all, translation probs like you said. Thanks for this post though.

[quote name='HisChildForever' timestamp='1352149518' post='2504666']

This isn't fair. I don't agree with Al but I understand and respect what he's saying. I don't know him outside of his posts but I do know he's a devout Catholic and doesn't want Obama doing a second term.
[/quote]

No one is questioning being a devout Catholic. I will question him not wanting Obama to get a second term. Why would he post a thread to "Not to vote for Romney" when clearly he is the only candidate that can get Obama out of office. This is not the time to split the Romney vote. This is the time to get Obama out. He has surely proven that he wants Obama to remain in office with all his Anti-Romney posts. Actions speak louder than words.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1352147623' post='2504642']
Obviously you want a Democrat for president. Just go vote for Obama and don't bore me anymore with your long tirades and spin tactics. I've already told you everything you need to know about a 3rd party. Please save my time and yours. You'll need it for your studies.
[/quote]
If you are so bored with us, why do you keep coming back?

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1352150821' post='2504686']
If you are so bored with us, why do you keep coming back?
[/quote]

I come back because the truth needs to be said. As long as you keep dismantling it, I'll keep coming back.

Down with the State. :|

[img]http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/424249_283155991753029_15418096_n.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Aloysius' timestamp='1351710532' post='2501315']
There are various lines of reasoning that an informed conscience could used to justify a vote for either of the two, though; I think the lines of reasoning justifying a vote for Romney are slightly more viable than the lines of reasoning justifying a vote for Obama; but especially with such little difference between the two, we should absolutely refrain from using the power of the unity of the Church to shame or ostracize anyone for choosing either of those two paths. To do so would be incredibly sinful IMO.
[/quote]

This. Would give you 10 props if possible.

Personally I do not like either candidate -- and I will not reveal who I am voting for. I *think* I was able to make my decision this morning based on something I read. But it is a very close call, and a very difficult decision.

[quote name='cmariadiaz' timestamp='1352152019' post='2504699']
This. Would give you 10 props if possible.

Personally I do not like either candidate -- and I will not reveal who I am voting for. I *think* I was able to make my decision this morning based on something I read. But it is a very close call, and a very difficult decision.
[/quote]

The decision is easy. One is proven to be evil and the other is not perfect but is a good man, that's why I, my whole family and everyone I know is voting for Romney. We are all Catholics 100%. My best friend would have loved to have Ron Paul for president. Now he's voting for Romney to get rid of Obama in order to save Christianity.

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1352152456' post='2504705']

The decision is easy. One is proven to be evil and the other is not perfect but is a good man, that's why I, my whole family and everyone I know is voting for Romney. We are all Catholics 100%. My best friend would have loved to have Ron Paul for president. Now he's voting for Romney to get rid of Obama in order to save Christianity.
[/quote]
Christianity does not need saving. The political warfare-welfare construct needs to be saved by the Church. And the way to save it is to destroy it. :smile3:
[img]http://www.humorineveryday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/SOME-MEN-JUST-WANT-TO-WATCH-THE-WORLD-BURN.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352152732' post='2504706']
Christianity does not need saving. The political warfare-welfare construct needs to be saved by the Church. And the way to save it is to destroy it. :smile3:
[img]http://www.humorineveryday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/SOME-MEN-JUST-WANT-TO-WATCH-THE-WORLD-BURN.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

You're one of them, man.... ObamaCare goes against the freedom of religion. If you love your religion, you get Obama out. That's all I'm going to say.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1352152858' post='2504709']
For you.
[/quote]

The right and obvious decision is easy for everybody.

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1352153202' post='2504713']

You're one of them, man.... ObamaCare goes against the freedom of religion. If you love your religion, you get Obama out. That's all I'm going to say.
[/quote]
Of course I want Obama out, and I want Obamacare to be mercilessly destroyed. :)
But then I want everyone else out too. That is the key here, which you have, this entire time, refused to understand.

I am not really sure how me saying "destroy the entire system" translates for you as "I am ok with Obamacare." It shows either a serious lack of critical thinking, or an obstinate desire to make up positions for me. I do not know why you do it, but it really looks silly.