An Old School Catholic Message Board

Iphone 4s Vs Samsung Galaxy S3

Slappo

[s]A vote for HTC is a vote for Apple![/s]

Sorry, I really couldn't help myself. I personally prefer the Android ecosystem since it pairs so well with all things Google. Touchwiz (Samsung's addition) isn't bad and Jelly Bean (which is on Sprint and will be on the other carriers soon) is amesome. It feels fresher than iOS at this point. Apple's iOS has become a bit stagnant. I have a Galaxy S II and love it, though I did root and get rid of Touchwiz...It wasn't all that bad, but I wanted to make some changes I couldn't without rooting.

Additionally I have a hard time supporting Apple right now, for various reasons.

Edited by qfnol31

It is kind of sad that most of the best games are released on iPhone first though. I guess hardware compatibility is a bigger issue with Android, where you have many different devices with slightly different requirements.
There are a couple RPGs I wanted to try, but they are iPhone only.

Edited by Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' timestamp='1351702173' post='2501191']
The thought of an 8mp camera makes me twitch....
[/quote]

Jennifer actually decided to get an iPhone 4S or Samsung Galaxy S3 for the $100 more than a $.99iPhone 4 and not get a new digital camera. We just bought one but returned it right away because it was defective. Now we're not getting a new camera becasue we'll both have 8mp cameras on our phone :).

I remember in 2005 when my 5mp $150 digital camera was the bomb diggity....

BTW: I got a Galaxy S3. I'm tech saavy enough to prefer android to iOS, and I like the bigger screen. Jen is still undecided but was leaning towards Galaxy last night.

FYI: If anyone is looking to upgrade to the Galaxy S3, amazon wireless is selling it for $99 if you qualify for a 2 year upgrade with your carrier. AT&T is selling it for $199 (as are most other carriers I believe?)

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='Slappo' timestamp='1351707260' post='2501241']

Jennifer actually decided to get an iPhone 4S or Samsung Galaxy S3 for the $100 more than a $.99iPhone 4 and not get a new digital camera. We just bought one but returned it right away because it was defective. Now we're not getting a new camera becasue we'll both have 8mp cameras on our phone :).

I remember in 2005 when my 5mp $150 digital camera was the bomb diggity....

BTW: I got a Galaxy S3. I'm tech saavy enough to prefer android to iOS, and I like the bigger screen. Jen is still undecided but was leaning towards Galaxy last night.

FYI: If anyone is looking to upgrade to the Galaxy S3, amazon wireless is selling it for $99 if you qualify for a 2 year upgrade with your carrier. AT&T is selling it for $199 (as are most other carriers I believe?)
[/quote]

Go with the Galaxy and root it. Also, disable your camera phone....Please, I beg you.

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' timestamp='1351708809' post='2501278']

Go with the Galaxy and root it. Also, disable your camera phone....Please, I beg you.
[/quote]

Why disable the camera?

[quote name='Slappo' timestamp='1351714879' post='2501382']
I'm not afraid of the government tracking my every move :|
[/quote]
Because you [i]are[/i] the man, amirite??

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='Slappo' timestamp='1351714321' post='2501374']
Why disable the camera?
[/quote]

[mod]Bad language. -dUSt[/mod]