An Old School Catholic Message Board

Since It's About The Election, It Goes Here

MIKolbe

Are people affected by the recent hurricane going to be able to vote? I hear some places will be without power for 10 days...

Where would they go to vote?

Is there any plan or precedent for this?

xTrishaxLynnx

Here, I'm gonna guess we'd just go to the town office and fill out our paper ballots as usual; we've never had computerized voting. I wonder if they'll make a plan to go to paper and / or extend the absentee voting time?

Don't they already basically let people vote for forever in some places anyway?

Edited by xTrishaxLynnx

To Jesus Through Mary

My bet is that most everything will be back up by then. In NYC right now major portions of each borough has a portion with power. So they may have to readjust some of the voting centers, but doubt that it will be that much of an issues.

I wonder if all the Catholic orgs, that are holding prayer vigils and novenas have been answered by God to keep liberal NY from voting in the election ? Probably not as God would expect us to vote as we should and sow what we deserve from our vote.

This election reminds me of Psalm 83 . > [b]O God, do not remain unmoved; be not silent, O God, and be not still! For behold, your enemies raise a tumult, and they who hate you lift up their heads. Against your people they plot craftily; they conspire against those whom you protect. They say, "Come let us destroy their nation; let the name of Israel be remembered no mor[/b]e!"

My typing finger is too tired to continue, but you get the drift.

ed

Edited by Ed Normile