An Old School Catholic Message Board

Will You Anti-romney People Apologize?

dUSt

I just want to add: Obama won my state in 2008 with 62% of the vote. I don't think he needs to worry about getting out his voters. I think he genuinely wants "gay marriage" here. :(

[quote name='Norseman82' timestamp='1351736165' post='2501711']
How many of you people are willing to risk Obama being elected to a second term?
[/quote]
Scared?

Funny how few people were talking about the risk of Bush getting re-elected a few years ago, never mind him starting two separate wars that lasted a decade each, and saw such freedom eroding stuff as the Patriot act come into place, and ACTUALLY thoroughly tanking the economy, not just "he isnt slowing the decline fast enough Obama".

Funny how much less of a "horror" it is when your guy has an "R" beside his name. All of a sudden a new guy that pretty much just keeps doing the same thing with a couple new ideas(that also came from the Republican side years prior) and boom, he is the worst thing that ever happened to this country.

Not a fan of Obama, myself. If it werent for Palin as VP i suspect McCain would be doing a better job at it right now. But in all seriousness, you guys are making some pretty serious mountains out of the status quo in politics, stateside. Chances are, Obama will win this one, and the betting is that when his next 4 years are up, America is gonna look pretty much the same.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1351742264' post='2501784']
Chances are, Obama will win this one, and the betting is that when his next 4 years are up, America is gonna look pretty much the same.
[/quote]
You cray cray.

I am fully prepared to eat my hat if the USA erupts in geysers of fire and brimstone, splits in half like the Titanic and sinks into the magma below to the tune of Satan's maniacal laughter.

Edited by Jesus_lol

[quote name='Aloysius' timestamp='1351734401' post='2501664']
the numbers game I started because I wanted to illustrate a hypothetical point unrelated to our current election biases, but it eventually morphed into that because I wanted to show the real life scenario it more closely imitated. the hypothetical scenario was supposed to illustrate that while an argument may be made for choosing the hypothetical 90,000 guy over the hypothetical 100,000 guy, it is lunacy to act like it is EVER morally obligatory to pick the 90,000 guy; they're both morally repugnant and we have every right to simply not support either one.
[/quote]The numbers game you started was an honest and sincere attempt at using reason intellect to understand and evaluate the choice at hand.

In your scenario, you put it in the context of choosing between supporting the death of 90,000, or 100,000. My point was that my efforts and choices were directed with the intent of giving the opportunity of life and the hope of saving 10,000.

You keep twisting the choice between supporting Romney or not. That may be an effect of a vote for him to become President, by others who disagree are looking at it they are supporting the political party and president that is less pro abortion. Big difference.

All the Romney Bashers are saying that voting for him supports Statisim, Federalism, ambivilance towards pro-life issues, a smarmy smile, a hinderance to some political goal. Okay, we got it. Most of the posters here are denigrating Romney.

However, that isn't the context of the issue and question. It's going to be Obama or Mitt as the President in 2013. That's a given. Either the Democrats or Republicans will gain political power with the Presidency. That's a given. It's egotistical hubris to drag in extraneous and hyberbolic issues if the primary non-negotiable issue is Abortion.

Which party and President is/would be most supportive of expanding and promoting Abortion via the Government? From that perspective, all the other issues and R bashing arguments are just excuses to dodge the fundamental effect of the Presidential vote with the result being the most negative outcome for efforts that are fighting against the expansion of pro-abortion legislation in the political institutions.

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1351773737' post='2501972']
[/quote]
You are beginning to overtake the user known as Freedom as my favorite phatmasser.

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351801027' post='2502152']
You are beginning to overtake [s]the user[/s] my sock account known as Freedom as my favorite phatmasser.
[/quote]

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351801027' post='2502152']
You are beginning to overtake the user known as Freedom as my favorite phatmasser.
[/quote]
I don't know if I can handle the pressure, so let me tick you off.

I do understand and agree with those who are concerned with Romney's and Rebublican's political double-speak on abortion. I agree partly with Al's support for 3rd Party as a means to press Republicans to strengthen their pro-life stance or have a viable political Party challenge them and Dems. I also agree with Winchester that the Gov is not the sole or best means to cause change in societal values.

I understand and agree with the people who have concerns with their conscience if they feel their vote is a sign of support for Romney exactly the way he is now.

[u]However,[/u] I truely and firmly believe it is reasonable and logical to analyze the voting realities in the 9 Swing States (Florida, Ohio, Virgina, North Carolina, New Hampshire, Colorado, Nevada, Wisconsin, Iowa)

...and conclude with reason and intellect that their vote for Romney [b]is their vote AGAINST Obama and Democrats and their pro-abortion agenda[/b]. Romney and Republicans may not be the best out there, but in 2012, they are the only option to replace the political power of Democrats for the next 4 years, giving Dems the opportunity continue to consolidate their power and continue to push for their expressly staed goals:
[b]Protecting A Woman's Right to Choose[/b]. The Democratic Party strongly and unequivocally supports Roe v. Wade and a woman's right to make decisions regarding her pregnancy, including a safe and legal abortion, regardless of ability to pay. We oppose any and all efforts to weaken or undermine that right. Abortion is an intensely personal decision between a woman, her family, her doctor, and her clergy; there is no place for politicians or government to get in the way. We also recognize that health care and education help reduce the number of unintended pregnancies and thereby also reduce the need for abortions. We strongly and unequivocally support a woman's decision to have a child by providing affordable health care and ensuring the availability of and access to programs that help women during pregnancy and after the birth of a child, including caring adoption programs.

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1351804127' post='2502179']
I don't know if I can handle the pressure, so let me tick you off.
[/quote]
[font=Open Sans, sans-serif][color=#282828]If that's how you tick people off then I'd like to see how you make them happy. Most excellent post!!! You are now officially tied with the user known as Freedom as my favorite phatmasser.[/color][/font]

[font=Open Sans, sans-serif][color=#282828]It is posts like your last one that make me wish the phorum had a "best answer" feature.[/color][/font]

[color=#222222][font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][size=4][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

In my new role as Person Who Attempts to Ensure That Tempers Don't Flare in Election Threads (PWAETTDFET), I submit this for consideration:

http://youtu.be/VWDc9oyBj5Q[/background][/size][/font][/color]

That's a very respectable post, Anomaly. I thought about propping it but since it was still telling people to vote for Romney I decided against it since I do not advocate doing so even in the swing states. Your political strategy is similar to Rand Paul's political strategy, and it's respectable enough but we have to be careful around such strategies as they can have a tendency to corrupt movements and render them irrelevant, that's the dirty nature of politics.

In any event, it's been fun hashing it all out. :cyclops:

[quote name='Byzantine' timestamp='1351805570' post='2502208']
[color=#222222][font=Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif'][size=4][background=rgb(255,255,255)]In my new role as Person Who Attempts to Ensure That Tempers Don't Flare in Election Threads (PWAETTDFET), I submit this for consideration:[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[/quote]

Yeah, considering the election threads can be summarized as follows:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF0P5hS6DHo&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF0P5hS6DHo[/url]

Edited by Norseman82

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351390471' post='2498916']
If Romney is elected, and repeals the HHS Mandate which forces employers to pay for abortion causing drugs, and reinstates the Mexico City Policy which will end overseas funding of abortion, will all of you get on here and apologize and admit you were wrong?
[/quote]

No.