An Old School Catholic Message Board

Obama Or Romney: Which Candidate Reflects Your Values?

Freedom

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351365781' post='2498746']

Obama is pro killing the baby at any stage up to live birth, which means to leave the baby out to die after he is taken out. How about that?[/quote]

Has he put forth any legislation or initiative as President to advance these beliefs? If not, what difference does it make? He's also a Bears fan. I think that's dumb, but he doesn't pay Cutler's salary and his fanhood has nothing to do with the way he governs. So it's inadmissible.

[quote]Also in his ObamaCare, he's forcing the Catholic church to provide contraceptive medicine.[/quote]

False. He's forcing organizations affiliated with the Catholic Church and other religious institutions to provide contraceptive coverage within their insurance plans. Big difference.

[quote]ObamaCare is planning to have Planned Parenthood type clinics in the school's that arrange for abortions and other methods.[/quote]

Never heard of this before. Source?

[quote]So now which candidate is better for the baby? You tell me.
[/quote]

Sounds like the classic douche/turd situation to me.

KnightofChrist

There is a difference between two. Romney to my knowledge has never supported beyond the womb infanticide, Obama has.

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351365781' post='2498746']

Obama is pro killing the baby at any stage up to live birth, which means to leave the baby out to die after he is taken out. How about that? Also in his ObamaCare, he's forcing the Catholic church to provide contraceptive medicine. ObamaCare is planning to have Planned Parenthood type clinics in the school's that arrange for abortions and other methods. So now which candidate is better for the baby? You tell me.
[/quote]

Romney is still pro-choice. Obama is just reaaaaaaaaaaally pro-choice

[quote name='jaime' timestamp='1351379292' post='2498855']

Romney is still pro-choice. Obama is just reaaaaaaaaaaally pro-choice
[/quote]

Romney made the exceptions extremely limited, within a fraction of a percentage for a woman to legitimately get an abortion. Therefore respecting the sanctity of a baby's life. Which makes it right to chose him over Obama.

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351379647' post='2498857']
Romney made the exceptions extremely limited, within a fraction of a percentage for a woman to legitimately get an abortion. Therefore respecting the sanctity of a baby's life. Which makes it right to chose him over Obama.
[/quote]

nope. health of the mother includes mental health. it's code for pretty much in any situation possible.

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1351382179' post='2498871']

nope. health of the mother includes mental health. it's code for pretty much in any situation possible.
[/quote]

No it's not. I don't believe he said mental health and if he did, prove it.

every pro-life group in the country considers health of the mother to be the 99% exemption (there are places in the world that include this exemption and those places have completely legal abortion)

this article doesn't go so far as to say not to vote for Romney, but it adequately analyzes his statement:
http://www.catholicculture.org/commentary/the-city-gates.cfm?id=398

[quote]“If that were his position, he would never have received our endorsement, that’s for sure,"
“I have heard clarification from his spokesperson, restating what his position really is, which is rape, incest, life of the mother. That is his position. Those are his exceptions.”[/quote]
-Marjorie Dannenfelser, president of the Susan B. Anthony List, referring to the "health of the mother" exemption.

It all comes down to whether you believe the spokesperson cleaning up after Romney, or if you believe Romney showed his true colors by including that exemption and having a decades-long pro-choice position, and calling it "settled law" and saying he doesn't foresee any legislation related to abortion during his administration.

But there is no question that the health-of-the-mother exemption is NOT a pro-life position, it's not even an improvement over any other pro-choice position like the life-of-the-mother and rape/incest exemptions are.

It was the Catholic church before Romney that allowed abortion in the case of woman's health or life is endangered. You just proved to me that Romney never mentioned mental health.

Now go vote for Obama and keep quiet, that will save a few babies lives.

[quote name='Aloysius' timestamp='1351383739' post='2498879']
-Marjorie Dannenfelser, president of the Susan B. Anthony List, referring to the "health of the mother" exemption.

It all comes down to whether you believe the spokesperson cleaning up after Romney, or if you believe Romney showed his true colors by including that exemption and having a decades-long pro-choice position, and calling it "settled law" and saying he doesn't foresee any legislation related to abortion during his administration.

But there is no question that the health-of-the-mother exemption is NOT a pro-life position, it's not even an improvement over any other pro-choice position like the life-of-the-mother and rape/incest exemptions are.
[/quote]

Only you are showing your true colors. You don't care about the babies lives or a women's life for that matter. All you care is to get Obama re-elected. You're not fooling anyone. I'm done talking, I'm out of here.

LIFE in danger is different than HEALTH in danger. The Catholic Church allows for INDIRECT procedures that result in abortion when the LIFE is in danger; when there are general health problems, both patients should be treated; if it comes down to threatening the life of the mother, that's the only time indirect procedures that could result in abortion are permitted.

HEALTH includes both physical and mental health; but even if it only included physical health, that very exemption is always used to justify nearly all abortions. All pro-life groups agree on that, you have to at least recognize that. It's why the Romney campaign immediately backtracked from their candidates' words.

Here's the actual line of defense from the Romney campaign, rather than try to justify a health-of-the-mother exemption, you should at least tow the campaign party line:
http://www.lifenews.com/2012/08/31/romney-opposes-pro-abortion-health-of-the-mother-exception/

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351379647' post='2498857']
[/quote]

But he's not pro-life. That's my point. You keep calling him pro-life and you are incorrect. He's pro-choice. Let's be clear as to where he stands

[quote name='Aloysius' timestamp='1351384111' post='2498884']
LIFE in danger is different than HEALTH in danger. The Catholic Church allows for INDIRECT procedures that result in abortion when the LIFE is in danger; when there are general health problems, both patients should be treated; if it comes down to threatening the life of the mother, that's the only time indirect procedures that could result in abortion are permitted.

HEALTH includes both physical and mental health; but even if it only included physical health, that very exemption is always used to justify nearly all abortions. All pro-life groups agree on that, you have to at least recognize that. It's why the Romney campaign immediately backtracked from their candidates' words.

Here's the actual line of defense from the Romney campaign, rather than try to justify a health-of-the-mother exemption, you should at least tow the campaign party line:
[url="http://www.lifenews.com/2012/08/31/romney-opposes-pro-abortion-health-of-the-mother-exception/"]http://www.lifenews....ther-exception/[/url]
[/quote]

thank you, Al.