An Old School Catholic Message Board

Obama Or Romney: Which Candidate Reflects Your Values?

Freedom

President Barack Obama's record speaks for itself.

He has shown himself to be the most ideologically left-wing President in America's history.

Evidence of his began with his insistence on ramming ObamaCare into law without a s
single Republican vote. He could have easily won over some Republican votes in the
House and Senate by making a few small compromises. But he was unwilling to do so,
unwilling to bend even a little.

Now we are starting to learn what in the 2,700-page ObamaCare law. It includes the
requirement that every American (including pro-life Americans) purchase health insurance
that includes mandatory coverage for abortion-inducing drugs and sterilization -- thus
forcing Catholics and pro-life Americans to violate their own religious beliefs and conscience
under threat of the penalty by the law.

But President Obama is radical across-the-board -- on every
issue. Here, in detail, is the Obama Record.

[font=georgia,serif][color=#ff0000][size=5][b]Obama On Religious Liberty:[/b][/size][/color][/font]
Obama's Affordable Care Act will require most employers to purchas insurance that
covers abortions, sterilizations, and contraception with no co-pay, even though many
of those employers -- including Catholic schools, hospitals and dioceses as well as
individual business owners and people of many different faiths -- object to pay for
such insurance plans on religious grounds.

Obama's Equal Employment Opportunity Commission claimed the power to compel a
church to rehire a former employee to a teaching position. The case (Hosanna-Tabor
Evangelical Lutheran Church v. EEOC) went to the Supreme Court, which ruled
unanimously in favor of the church. This decision reads, "authority to select and
control who will minister to the faithful is the church's alone."

Obama's HHS would not renew funding to the Migration and Refugee Service (MRS),
which provides services to refugees, migrating children, and human trafficking
victims, because MRS, a Catholic organization, refused to provide or refer for
abortions or contraception.

[font=georgia,serif][size=5][b][color=#ff0000]Romney On Religious Liberty:[/color][/b][/size][/font]
[size=5][size=4]Romeny writes, "If I am elected President, on day one of my administration I will[/size][/size]
[size=5][size=4]issue an executive order directing my Secretary of Health and Human Services to[/size][/size]
issue a wavier from its requirements to all 50 states." This would allow states to not
repeal it entirely.

As Massachusetts governor, Romney vetoed a bill aimed at forcing all Massachusetts
hospitals, including Catholic hospitals, to provide abortion-inducing drugs.

Supported the Hosanna-Tabor v. EEOC decision that affirmed the right of churches to
make their own hiring decisions.

Defended the right of Catholic Charities of Boston to decide on it's own whether it
will allow same-sex couples to adopt children in it's care.

[font=georgia,serif][size=5][b][color=#ff0000]Obama On Life:[/color][/b][/size][/font]
[size=5][size=4]Supports Roe v. Wade and affirms, "I remain committed to protecting a woman's right to chose."[/size][/size]

[size=5][size=4]As part of his healthcare legislation, almost every health insurance plan will require to cover [/size][/size]
[size=5][size=4]sterilization and contraception -- including birth control pills that can cause abortions -- with no co-pay.[/size][/size]

[size=5][size=4]Overturned a law that prevented the government from giving aid to international family planning[/size][/size]
[size=5][size=4]groups. Now our government can pay for people's contraception (including abortifacients) overseas[/size][/size]
[size=5][size=4]as well.[/size][/size]

[size=5][size=4]His campaign boasts that he "Stood up to Republicans trying to roll back a woman's right to choose and[/size][/size]
[size=5][size=4]defund Planned Parenthood." He praises Planned Parenthood and refuses to cut government funding[/size][/size]
[size=5][size=4]($487 million in 2012) for the organization. Planned Parenthood performs an average 900 abortions[/size][/size]
[size=5][size=4]per day.[/size][/size]

[size=5][size=4]In the Senate, he opposed a pro-life designed to prevent partial-birth abortions.[/size][/size]

[size=5][size=4]Ended a ban using taxpayer money to fund embryonic stem cel research, which kills[/size][/size]
[size=5][size=4]human embryos. [/size][/size]

[size=5][size=4]Eliminated conscience protections for medical workers who morally object to dispensing the morning-[/size][/size]
[size=5][size=4]after pill (which is designed to destroy embryos). Recipients of federal money can now discriminate [/size][/size]
[size=5][size=4]against these workers. [/size][/size]

[size=5][size=4]Promises to veto legislation that would prevent taxpayer funding of abortion.[/size][/size]

[size=5][size=4]Obama is endorsed by pro-choice groups NARAL and Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood spent[/size][/size]
[size=5][size=4]$1.4 million on an ad compaign for Obama.[/size][/size]

[font=georgia,serif][size=5][size=4][size=5][b][color=#ff0000]Romney On Life:[/color][/b][/size][/size][/size][/font]
Believes abortions should be limited to only cases of rape incest or to save the mother's life.

Supports overturning Roe v. Wade and promises to appoint Supreme Court Justices who are
committed to fair interpretation of the Constitution.

Supports the Hyde Amendment, which bars using federal tax revenue to pay for abortions.

Promises to support efforts to eliminate federal funding for Planned Parenthood.

Promises to support the Mexico City Policy, which will bar NGOs that receive federal funding from
promoting or performing abortions as a method of family planning in other countries.

Promises to advocate for and support legislation that will make it illegal to destroy unborn
children who are developmentally capable of feeling pain.

He says, "If I have the opportunity to serve as our nations next president, I commit to doing
everything in my power to cultivate, promote, and support a culture of life in America."

As governor of Massachusetts, he vetoed a bill that would have allowed girls of any age to obtain
emergency contraceptive pills (which are designed to destroy embryos) without parental consent.

As governor of Massachusetts he opposed legislation that would allow creation of human
embryos for the purpose of stem cell research, which would result directly in the distruction
of those embryos.

[font=georgia,serif][size=5][color=#ff0000][b]Obama On Fiscal Responsibility:[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[size=5][size=4]Added more to the national debt than the previous 43 presidents combined.[/size][/size]

[size=5][size=4]Almost doubled the national debt over his term as President.[/size][/size]

[size=5][size=4]Added 1 trillion to the deficit each year as president[/size][/size]

[size=5][size=4]Spent 25% of GDP, the highest spending-to-GDP ratio since World War II.[/size][/size]

[size=5][size=4][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][b]To see Romney's "Fiscal Responsibility" and the complete head-to-head comparison of[/b][/font][/size][/size]
[size=5][size=4][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][b]Obama and Romney's policies and positions, please visit CatholicVote.org/compare2012.[/b][/font][/size][/size]

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351280942' post='2498061']
Revelation 3:16 - Jesus said, "Since you are luke warm, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out."
[/quote]
Good thing none of us are that.

[img]http://agoratelegraph.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/murray-rothbard-enemy-state.jpg[/img]

To Jesus Through Mary

Neither- Both are pro-aborts.

I prefer to take my values from him being a liberal and all...
[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b0/Willie_Nelson_at_Farm_Aid_2009_-_Cropped.jpg/220px-Willie_Nelson_at_Farm_Aid_2009_-_Cropped.jpg[/img]

PhuturePriest

Freedom, you don't know us. Stop accusing us of lukewarmness. I have met some of the most devout people in my entire life on this site, who do everything they can and take every opportunity given to them to tell people about God. Stop judging people you don't know. You are well acquainted with scripture, it seems. You should maybe read the bit when Jesus talked about judging people.

Future Priest, enlighten us will you, what did Jesus say about judging people ?

Freedom, I have read what you have posted here and I am in agreement with you. I have tried to relate the same here and some are hung up on finding the ideal candidate. I will vote for the candidate who has promised to limit abortion, the candidate who does not back homosexual marriages, the same candidate who has promised to repeal constitutionally illegal mandated health care, which by the way infringes on the religious freedoms of everybody in America and their right to decide whether they pay for abortion, abortifacient drugs and contraceptives. I will vote for the candidate who has actually had some experience running a successful business and could could use his business acumen to make decisions that could actually benefit this countries economy. I will not waste my vote on some non existing perfect politician in some non viable third party. But hey I am a realist and I know what the current President stands for and what he has done to this country thus far, and if Jesus returns and runs for office I will naturally cast my vote for him.

Keep up the good work Freedom and I wish you luck spreading sound views, perhaps if you could get John Stewart or Bill Maher to give a funny 30 second sound bite on MTV you may win over the idealists. Good luck with that.

ed

KnightofChrist

I really don't know the true values Romney has, or what values he doesn't have depending n which group of people he's speaking to.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' timestamp='1351303724' post='2498306']
I really don't know the true values Romney has, or what values he doesn't have depending n which group of people he's speaking to.
[/quote]
I like the new avatar there.

[quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1351301331' post='2498281']the idealists
[/quote]
Unfortunately, Catholicism is a religion which compels her adherents to the ideal. Really, those who [i]aren't[/i] idealists don't have much business affiliating with Catholicism.

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351280942' post='2498061']
Revelation 3:16 - Jesus said, "Since you are luke warm, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out."
[/quote]

If Scripture and the saints have taught us anything, it is that "winning" isn't always the best outcome. I've voted for pro-life candidates in every election and I have yet to vote for a winning candidate. On the day I meet Christ, I'm feeling pretty confident that he's going to be ok with what I've done for pro-life. By the way, I hope your passion continues outside of voting. Because if you think voting for Romney is going to end abortion, you're fooling yourself. He's prochoice.

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351279822' post='2498051']
He has shown himself to be the most ideologically left-wing President in America's history.
[/quote]

ha.

[quote]
Evidence of his began with his insistence on ramming ObamaCare into law without a s
single Republican vote. He could have easily won over some Republican votes in the
House and Senate by making a few small compromises. But he was unwilling to do so,
unwilling to bend even a little.
[/quote]

Im sorry, where you paying even the slightest attention when all this was happening? no he could not have easily won some republican votes, as the GOP as a whole was saying no to everything on principle.
And he made huge compromises. the fact you didnt know that is pretty troubling.

[quote]
Now we are starting to learn what in the 2,700-page ObamaCare law.
[/quote]

what an overblown argument. of course the document is large, is there any modern legislation these days that isnt gigantic? especially one so wide reaching as national healthcare? its 2700 pages, not an underground unsorted library with a locked door, if you havent read through the whole thing within a few days or weeks of it being released, then you havent been interested in doing so.

[quote]
But President Obama is radical across-the-board -- on every
issue.
[/quote]

Not even close to true. unless you consider GWB to be a across the board radical.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1351324817' post='2498461']

Not even close to true. unless you consider GWB to be a across the board radical.
[/quote]
I do not see why not. :smile3: It seems strange to me that I have to be the dangerous radical just because I think they are all lunatics.