An Old School Catholic Message Board

Something To Remember?

BG45

From George Takei's Facebook:

[img]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/293835_542519365777521_1578050205_n.jpg[/img]

[quote]
Join me in honoring Frank Tanabe, a 93 year old WWII veteran who was determined to vote in what will likely be his last presidential election. Mr. Tanabe was interned in the same camp as my family, Tule Lake, during WWII. His family's business had been torched, and he was denied the chance to complete his college degree. But he nevertheless volunteered from behind barbed wire to serve his country in the U.S. Army. Mr. Tanabe suffers from terminal cancer, and may not live to see the results of this election, but he is still thoughtfully and patiently doing his final civic duty. LIKE and SHARE this picture to show him we honor true American patriots.[/quote]

As PM continues to be embroiled in [s]Election [/s]silly season, just something I thought we might all be able to use. :)

[quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1351359981' post='2498614']
God bless him I hope he lives long enough to vote.

ed
[/quote]

i think this is the photo of him just recently voting, for probably the last time.

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1351360111' post='2498615']

i think this is the photo of him just recently voting, for probably the last time.
[/quote]

Really, he does not look very lucid in the picture.

The pessimist in me makes me think of the chicago machine ......

ed