An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread 2

Eowyn

I'm moving this one from the "You know you are a future nun thread." I already derailed that one enough. :) :) :)

[quote name='emmaberry101' timestamp='1350690846' post='2495142']
Perhaps! Carmel is so beautiful, and I discerned both. The more I learn about the Poor Clares, the more I am intrigued by the differences between them, though they seem very similar on the surface. There is just something about each Order...a je ne sais quoi that I don't really know how to elaborate on, but it makes up their differing identities and 'feels' and its just beautiful.

[b]Be careful with discerning the Poor Clares, though. The little Poverello will have you wrapped around his Seraphic finger before you can say 'Franciscan!' [/b] :P

Edit: So as to retain some sort of on-topicness (?), you know you are a future nun when you get your wisdom teeth out and instead of thinking about the pain, you think, "A whole day free of obligations to be on PM! Score."

Also, you know you are a future nun when you know that your Sisters are eating their collation right now and you wish you could be there (minus the giant ice pack around your swollen mouth..)
[/quote]

I have a feeling St Francis and St Clare have already got a pretty good hold on me. I've written to two communities in the last week, both Poor Clare communities.

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='Eowyn' timestamp='1351022481' post='2496436']
I'm moving this one from the "You know you are a future nun thread." I already derailed that one enough. :) :) :)

I have a feeling St Francis and St Clare have already got a pretty good hold on me. I've written to two communities in the last week, both Poor Clare communities.
[/quote]

Saint Francis found me and has held me close ever since. It's not a bad thing at all! :nun:

My SD said he knew I was a Franciscan at heart, it just took me awhile to figure it out on my own.

i<3franciscans

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1351029398' post='2496503']

Saint Francis found me and has held me close ever since. It's not a bad thing at all! :nun:

My SD said he knew I was a Franciscan at heart, it just took me awhile to figure it out on my own.
[/quote]
Props.

Catholicterp7

YAY! New thread!
So I found out yesterday that one of my friends who took her interpreting certification test found out within a month if she passed or not! YIKES! I'm really hoping and praying I find out soon because if I do pass then I have multiple jobs waiting for me, which means I can earn money and start visiting communities!
JMJ+ :heart:

Since I cannot find the thread AnneLinn started once to update from me, I will just post in the new random thread!
Phatmass has changed quite a bit, how does one actually search here now?

I thought after six months as a postulant I would just give a short update and sign that I am still alive!
I have followed phatmass a bit and all the endeavers of life-ins, emmaberry and Nunsense entering and the waiting for Mater Misericordiae....
You are all in my prayers!

In general I am doing good. Healthwise I am really on a very crazy time. Some of you might remember that I had some issues that came up before I entered. Those are actually resolved, but other quite severe came up, I even ended up being in the hospital for a week. I am on medication for this, but I have been going through a lot of physical pain and still am. So I really ask for your prayers.

All this has really helped me to grow. But growing is not always easy.

But right now - despite all this - I am grateful for all I have received in these six months. And of my loving and supporting community. It is crazy to be sick in a monastery, especially when you just entered... But I trust that God knows what He is doing....

So far my update :) We tend to go for a whole year or more postulancy, so no need to speculate about my entry in the novitiate yet ;)

i<3franciscans

[quote name='juchu' timestamp='1351092088' post='2496946']
Since I cannot find the thread AnneLinn started once to update from me, I will just post in the new random thread!
Phatmass has changed quite a bit, how does one actually search here now?

I thought after six months as a postulant I would just give a short update and sign that I am still alive!
I have followed phatmass a bit and all the endeavers of life-ins, emmaberry and Nunsense entering and the waiting for Mater Misericordiae....
You are all in my prayers!

In general I am doing good. Healthwise I am really on a very crazy time. Some of you might remember that I had some issues that came up before I entered. Those are actually resolved, but other quite severe came up, I even ended up being in the hospital for a week. I am on medication for this, but I have been going through a lot of physical pain and still am. So I really ask for your prayers.

All this has really helped me to grow. But growing is not always easy.

But right now - despite all this - I am grateful for all I have received in these six months. And of my loving and supporting community. It is crazy to be sick in a monastery, especially when you just entered... But I trust that God knows what He is doing....

So far my update :) We tend to go for a whole year or more postulancy, so no need to speculate about my entry in the novitiate yet ;)
[/quote]
So happy for you juchu! Many prayers that you get better soon. :)

Great to hear from you juchu! As troubling as it may be to have health problems in the beginning of your religious life, I am sure it has helped you bond with your community. You seem like you are in a very good place!

[quote name='Eowyn' timestamp='1351022481' post='2496436']

I have a feeling St Francis and St Clare have already got a pretty good hold on me. [b]I've written to two communities in the last week, both Poor Clare communities.[/b]
[/quote]

Yay!!!! I hope you hear back quickly and have a very successful discernment with the communities you have contacted. :)

i<3franciscans

So my little sisters were playing Guess Who this morning and I had the best idea ever!!!! Shouldn't their be a Guess Who religious order edition?!?!?!

Just imagine the questions:
Is she a Carmelite or Franciscan?
Is the veil Black?
Do they have a daily holy hour?
The questions could go on forever! :)

InPersonaChriste

I am applying for the National Evangelization Team in Ireland. Though I am still discerning my vocation, God has made it fairly evident that he wishes me to focus on my education. After I graduate in May I will have the summer with my family and then (God willing) I will be in Ireland for the next 9 months.

Please pray for me!

[img]http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/380969_10150459822449641_1605552487_n.jpg[/img]
(picture of my Brother's team last year)

Catholicterp7

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1351602255' post='2500277']
So my little sisters were playing Guess Who this morning and I had the best idea ever!!!! Shouldn't their be a Guess Who religious order edition?!?!?!

Just imagine the questions:
Is she a Carmelite or Franciscan?
Is the veil Black?
Do they have a daily holy hour?
The questions could go on forever! :)
[/quote]
I totally want to do that. I'm going to make it happen! :)
[quote name='InPersonaChriste' timestamp='1351616107' post='2500360']
I am applying for the National Evangelization Team in Ireland. Though I am still discerning my vocation, God has made it fairly evident that he wishes me to focus on my education. After I graduate in May I will have the summer with my family and then (God willing) I will be in Ireland for the next 9 months.

Please pray for me!

[img]http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/380969_10150459822449641_1605552487_n.jpg[/img]
(picture of my Brother's team last year)
[/quote]
You got it!

JMJ+ :heart:

[url="http://www.passionistnuns.org/blog/2012/10/27/a-conflagration-of-love/"]http://www.passionis...ration-of-love/[/url]
:whistle:

...but really, this is a beautiful post!

Edited by MarisStella

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
LaPetiteSoeur

Salut!

I thought it was time for a mini update from me, since things have changed. 

This semester, my eyesight started blacking out. My hands would get numb and I wouldn't be able to lift coffee cups or other items. After my eyesight blacked out when I was with a friend, she convinced me to make the time to go to the doctor (and delivered a long lecture on not waiting when things like this happen).

So far, it looks like I have constant ocular migraines, which result in blurred vision, blackouts, sensitivity to light and noise, and sometimes debilitating migraines. I had an MRI, and the neurologist wants to " go more in-depth" (but they didn't say what that means.). In any case, religious life is no longer a viable path in my life. These migraines would impede any active apostolate. Remarkably, I am really at peace about this, and I am thankful God granted me that peace and acceptance. 

I'll still check in from time to time, I promise. I'll pray for all of you as you discern God's will in your lives.