An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dark Arts.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

May the peace of christ be with you all...
Soooo. What of these dark arts,curses and hexes etc. I know and believe jesus christ died for our sins but defeated satan i'm unsure as to that. I kinda of get the feeling that he and his legions have been rendered powerless somewhat but i also get the feeling that dark arts,tarot,demonology and a whole unholy host of others, that the practitioner is actually empowering the demon or satan himself in extreme cases, and using them to do there bidding. So the battle rages on. I know many would like to think well if i don't believe in that stuff i can't be effected by it, but there are dark powers and principalities still at work in the world to this day that only the kingdom of heaven can defeat, and simply not believing in them or paying no mind to them, i have found is not enough. Can somone give me a biblical example where satan is defeated outside of the book of the apocalypse, which is not all past tense as far as i have been led to believe, it contains all four elements, literal and the other 3 spirituals (prophetic past,prophetic future and the here and now, sorry i know that is not the exact catechismic defenition but i'm just having a guesstamet because i don't know exactly what the CCC says.) Like i get the feeling avoiding talking about these things is allowing satan to move freely through the ranks to some degree, unseen,hidden,taboo, which i don't think is good for us.

Onward christian souls.
JESUS iz LORD.
GOD is GOOD.

JC "be baptised and believe and you will be saved."

p.s. all darkness must be bought to the light, unsure if jesus or st paul said that.

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

and if the dark arts are empowering the devil and it's legions of demons than surely we must empower our guardians and the archs, daily! or as often as one can manage.

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye' timestamp='1350642412' post='2494742']
May the peace of christ be with you all...
Soooo. What of these dark arts,curses and hexes etc. I know and believe jesus christ died for our sins but defeated satan i'm unsure as to that. I kinda of get the feeling that he and his legions have been rendered powerless somewhat but i also get the feeling that dark arts,tarot,demonology and a whole unholy host of others, that the practitioner is actually empowering the demon or satan himself in extreme cases, and using them to do there bidding. So the battle rages on. I know many would like to think well if i don't believe in that stuff i can't be effected by it, but there are dark powers and principalities still at work in the world to this day that only the kingdom of heaven can defeat, and simply not believing in them or paying no mind to them, i have found is not enough. Can somone give me a biblical example where satan is defeated outside of the book of the apocalypse, which is not all past tense as far as i have been led to believe, it contains all four elements, literal and the other 3 spirituals (prophetic past,prophetic future and the here and now, sorry i know that is not the exact catechismic defenition but i'm just having a guesstamet because i don't know exactly what the CCC says.) Like i get the feeling avoiding talking about these things is allowing satan to move freely through the ranks to some degree, unseen,hidden,taboo, which i don't think is good for us.

Onward christian souls.
JESUS iz LORD.
GOD is GOOD.

JC "be baptised and believe and you will be saved."

p.s. all darkness must be bought to the light, unsure if jesus or st paul said that.
[/quote]
Best to ignore all that stuff. It is only a threat to those who engage it or fear it.

[url="http://www.drbo.org/x/d?b=drb&bk=21&ch=22&l=4#x"][4][/url] For though I should walk in the midst of the shadow of death, I will fear no evils, for thou art with me. Thy rod and thy staff, they have comforted me. [[url="http://drbo.org/x/d?b=drb&bk=21&ch=22&l=4#x"]Psalms 22:4[/url]]

If thou go out to war against thy enemies, and see horsemen and chariots, and the numbers of the enemy's army greater than thine, thou shalt not fear them: because the Lord thy God is with thee, who brought thee out of the land of Egypt. [[url="http://drbo.org/x/d?b=drb&bk=5&ch=20&l=1#x"]Deuteronomy 20:1[/url]]

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

thanks mark of the cross. But i guess what i'm getting at is the enemies of GOD are still at work in the world, i know and believe jesus christ conquered sin for those whom choose to believe, and he opened up a shore path to heaven. I just think it is good to not have these things as taboo so to speak and how these powers talked of in the o.t. are still present in the world. I know one part in the N.T that speaks of wizardry and that is when st paul runs into a magician called bah-jesus and bah-jesus gets rebuked by st paul. Another thing i'd like to say is if you all don't already sport a crucifix or cross, please do and find an FSSP priest whom can do a very paticular blessing for these which grants a partial indulgence or something to anyone reverancing your cross or crucifix,even if they look a bit harder at it i guess. LEST THE CROSS LOSE IT'S POWER. and i say that lest the cross stuff coz saint paul did too, or one of the catholic writers of the catholic letters. But anyhow i do wan't to discuss this more, and whether anyone has been cursed and with grace escaped it, or somone that may know somone else whom got cursed and how they escaped the jaws of hell.