An Old School Catholic Message Board

Right Now Who Wins? Obama Or Romney?

Era Might

PhuturePriest

[quote name='sixpence' timestamp='1350649555' post='2494786']

interesting.... but so many grey boxes...

and you know what... i do feel discouraged to vote for pres at all... the rest of the ballot, yes fine, but RI has only 4 electoral votes and they are extremely dem...
[/quote]

On EWTN they actually said not voting at all can be a Mortal sin in some cases. I'm not saying what you are doing is Mortally sinful, but it is worth checking into. This is what I am referring to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwGGhEIXbOA&feature=plcp

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1350650649' post='2494790']

On EWTN they actually said not voting at all can be a Mortal sin in some cases. I'm not saying what you are doing is Mortally sinful, but it is worth checking into. This is what I am referring to:

[/quote]

1. I have not the time
2. Never said I wouldn't just said I was discouraged.

discouraged |disˈkərijd, -ˈkə-rijd|
adjective
having lost confidence or enthusiasm; disheartened

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1350650649' post='2494790']

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwGGhEIXbOA&feature=plcp[/media]
[/quote]

i disagree.

"36. When all candidates hold a position in favor of an intrinsic evil, the conscientious voter faces a dilemma. The voter may decide to take the extraordinary step of not voting for any candidate or, after careful deliberation, may decide to vote for the candidate deemed less likely to advance such a morally flawed position and more likely to pursue other authentic human goods." (Faithful Citizenship)

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1350656476' post='2494814']

i disagree.

"36. When all candidates hold a position in favor of an intrinsic evil, the conscientious voter faces a dilemma. The voter may decide to take the extraordinary step of not voting for any candidate or, after careful deliberation, may decide to vote for the candidate deemed less likely to advance such a morally flawed position and more likely to pursue other authentic human goods." (Faithful Citizenship)
[/quote]

Father Vincent Serpa, O.P. said this about the matter: http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=720147

I'm predicting a landslide for Jill Stein.

I could be wrong though. It's either that, or a massive write-in landslide for Ralph Nader. I'm pretty sure one of those two things will happen. Be prepared.
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/nader

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1350660415' post='2494828']
They both win. We lose.
[/quote]

i love that we are so in tune to one another.

Sitting on a sofa on a Sunday afternoon.
Going to the candidate's debate.
Laugh about it, shout about it
When you've got to choose
Every way you look at this you lose.

[quote name='Aloysius' timestamp='1350663549' post='2494840']
I'm predicting a landslide for Jill Stein.

[/quote]

That would be amazing.

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1350670318' post='2494895']
Obama has a 70.4% chance of winning.
[/quote]
You are an overly sensitve little girl.

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1350671025' post='2494906']
You are an overly sensitve little girl.
[/quote]

I challenge you to find the slightest shred of evidence for this ridiculous and totally unfounded accusation.

I already voted via absentee ballot, but like Sixpence said, I'm discouraged. Neither is a win for most Americans, most of whom are in the middle. Romney is currently the mouthpiece of the far Right, not believing what he says, and as a result is acting like the wooden puppet he is. Obama represents the far Left.

I honestly have no clue who is going to win. All I know is that almost everyone I've talked to has said the same thing, that both of them are lying poo bags.

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1350672036' post='2494925']
Obama represents the far Left.

[/quote]

No he doesn't. Obama was on the far left when he was younger but as a President Obama has absolutely and unarguably not been a representative of the far left. Not even close.