An Old School Catholic Message Board

Right Now Who Wins? Obama Or Romney?

Era Might

[quote name='Era Might' timestamp='1351030610' post='2496524']
Neither Obama nor McCain had presidential experience...they were in the same boat.
[/quote]
With McCain having decades more experience in politics than Obama, and McCain actually did more than vote "present" in those decades. If experience matters so much as you say, Obama should have never won.

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1351031584' post='2496539']
With McCain having decades more experience in politics than Obama, and McCain actually did more than vote "present" in those decades. If experience matters so much as you say, Obama should have never won.
[/quote]
You pick the strangest things to get up in arms about. :P

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1350910244' post='2495906']
Nope I can't say that I think of G.W. as a conservative extremist. Go put words in someone else's mouth Soc..
[/quote]
I didn't put words in your mouth: key word "probably." However, you did call Romney a "mouthpiece of the far right" (your words, not mine).
Which begs the question of how Romney is so far to the right of Bush. His "Romneycare" is well to the left of anything Bush had done, and he is somewhat to the left of Bush on the so-called "social issues."

Perhaps you're referring to his recent talk of cutting government spending and taxation, which is hardly "far-right," but pretty standard Republican talk (and once hardly confined to Republicans or conservatives. JFK made a great speech on these same principles back in 1962.)

Both Bush and Obama are spendaholics, under whom national debt has soared to unimaginable numbers. It's a sad commentary on our times that runaway spending and taxation has become regarded as the norm (in both parties), and that any talk of even scaling back is seen as wild-eyed "extremism" from the "far right."

But if you're only trolling to try to p.o. people, nevermind.

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1351031584' post='2496539']
[/quote]
I said PRESIDENTIAL experience. Obama has 4 years of it. Romney has 0. In 2008 both Obama and McCain had 0 years of presidential experience.

Edited by Era Might

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351031751' post='2496541']
You pick the strangest things to get up in arms about. :P
[/quote]
I'm not up in arms.

[i]This[/i] is me up in arms.

[IMG]http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg626/vitaminj861/hulk-the-incredible-hulk-14044617-1280-960.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Era Might' timestamp='1351031931' post='2496547']
I said PRESIDENTIAL experience. Obama has 4 years of it. Romney has 0. In 2008 both Obama and McCain had 0 years of presidential experience.
[/quote]
So what? If experience matters at all why would you give the Presidency to someone with 0 experience in politics vs John Mccain? It really doesn't make any sense.

Winnie, I was not arguing that Jill Stein [i]should[/i] win, this was a prediction thread. I was predicting that Jill Stein will win. Either her, or a Ralph Nader write-in landslide. lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5WS8LgcbQc

I disagree with her policies, but I do respect her for getting arrested trying to get into the debate. As a matter of principal her voice should be heard as she's on the ballot in enough states to theoretically win the electoral votes (and with ballot access being what it is, anyone who can get over that hurdle has every freaking right to be heard in the debates). I am glad she'll be on the debate tonight; it's basically Green and Justice on the Left vs Libertarian and Constitutionalist on the right.

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1351032166' post='2496552']
So what? If experience matters at all why would you give the Presidency to someone with 0 experience in politics vs John Mccain? It really doesn't make any sense.
[/quote]
They weren't running for "politics" they were running for president.

[quote name='Era Might' timestamp='1351032313' post='2496556']
They weren't running for "politics" they were running for president.
[/quote]
I'm not running for "business" I'm running for CEO.

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1351032380' post='2496558']
I'm not running for "business" I'm running for CEO.
[/quote]
Great. I hope you have CEO on your resume.

[quote name='Era Might' timestamp='1351032429' post='2496559']
Great. I hope you have CEO on your resume.
[/quote]
If experience matters, why would you want someone with no political experience being President anymore than you would want someone with no experience in business being CEO?

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1351032949' post='2496570']
If experience matters, why would you want someone with no political experience being President anymore than you would want someone with no experience in business being CEO?
[/quote]
I don't know. Ask the American people.

[quote name='Era Might' timestamp='1351033086' post='2496572']
I don't know. Ask the American people.
[/quote]
Who have declared experience irrelevant.

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1351033165' post='2496573']
Who have declared experience irrelevant.
[/quote]
okey dokey

[quote name='Era Might' timestamp='1351030545' post='2496523']
His point wasn't about bayonets as weapons abut about the changing nature of how wars are fought. WWI marked the end of cavalry warfare. He made Romney look like a fool with that line. The line actually worked because he carried it through with his tone. Implicitly, Obama was showing the audience that he has 4 years experience commanding the US Army...Romney has 0.
[/quote]
He should have came back with this line, "Well, Mr President, I don't want to be with you when you try to take a Marine's bayonet away from him."

And at the end, when Obama said something about not wanting to go back to the Bush policies, Romney should have said, "The president keeps mistaking me for George Bush. Well, Mr President, it is a pleasure to me you. My name is Mitt Romney."

Dude. I totally should have been his debate coach. One liners are what win debates. Romney should have just had about 200 one liners prepared.