An Old School Catholic Message Board

Right Now Who Wins? Obama Or Romney?

Era Might

65-66% chance of victory for Obama, according to betfair.com. Intrade has Obama at 58-59%. So the consensus is that Obama has an edge and a significant one, but that Romney is very much in the race.

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' timestamp='1350849027' post='2495718']
I have felt for a while now that it will be Obama winning -- mind you I can't stand him and the way people blindly kiss his booty. That being said, it looks as the race is continuing to tighten I'm starting to think that Romney may actually pull it off. It could be very, very close. It's odd because Romney for a very long time had a reputation of being on the more liberal end of the GOP -- people opposing and criticizing him as some "evil conservative" suddenly seem to be giving him an identity, something he lacked for a while and was his biggest problem.

As far as who will win, I find it's hard to tell and difficult to get accurate polling information from unbiased sources that I can trust.
[/quote]
yeah for a while I thought Romney had zero chance and I would've definitely bet money against him winning, looks like he now has a bit more of a shot (God help us, that gives us a good 8 years of dismal choices for the presidency).

I'll be watching the REAL presidential debate going on tonight, hosted by Larry King. It'll be on C-Span and streaming live on [url="http://freeandequal.org/live/"]http://freeandequal.org/live/[/url]

we'll see how that debate goes, can't count Jill Stein out of winning until after her big debate against Gary and Virgil (and Rocky I guess, can't count out Rocky), amirite? haha I'd root for Virgil but I predict Gary will win the debate, but I'm still predicting Jill Stein will pull the suprise upset of the elections.

Edited by Aloysius

[quote name='XIX' timestamp='1351014737' post='2496363']
65-66% chance of victory for Obama, according to betfair.com. Intrade has Obama at 58-59%. So the consensus is that Obama has an edge and a significant one, but that Romney is very much in the race.
[/quote]

538.com is much better.

[quote name='Brother Adam' timestamp='1351010416' post='2496334']
So, now that the last debate is over...just two weeks out from the election...who wins?
[/quote]
I caught some of the debate. Obama had a zinger when he told Romney that there are fewer warships and also fewer horses and bayonets. I still think Obama wins because he's the incumbent. In the real world, people with 4 years of direct experience for a job are probably going to get the job, particularly when the other candidate has 0 years experience in that job.

Edited by Era Might

[quote name='Era Might' timestamp='1351029497' post='2496504']
I caught some of the debate. Obama had a zinger when he told Romney that there are fewer warships and also fewer horses and bayonets.
[/quote]
Too bad he was wrong about the bayonets. They are still used widely by the military.

[quote name='Era Might' timestamp='1351029497' post='2496504']In the real world, people with 4 years of direct experience for a job are probably going to get the job, particularly when the other candidate has 0 years experience in that job.
[/quote]
So McCain lost because....?

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1351029940' post='2496511']
So McCain lost because....?
[/quote]
Because he had the unfortunate luck of running after George W. Bush...not to mention an economic meltdown just before the election.

Edited by Era Might

[quote name='Era Might' timestamp='1351030015' post='2496513']
Because he had the unfortunate luck of running after George W. Bush...not to mention an economic meltdown just before the election.
[/quote]
Proving that experience is irrelevant, actually.

[quote name='Aloysius' timestamp='1351016802' post='2496378']
Jill Stein
[/quote]
The Green Party fits well with the two main parties. Unlimited government.

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351029752' post='2496508']
Too bad he was wrong about the bayonets. They are still used widely by the military.
[/quote]
His point wasn't about bayonets as weapons abut about the changing nature of how wars are fought. WWI marked the end of cavalry warfare. He made Romney look like a fool with that line. The line actually worked because he carried it through with his tone. Implicitly, Obama was showing the audience that he has 4 years experience commanding the US Army...Romney has 0.

Edited by Era Might

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1351030096' post='2496515']
Proving that experience is irrelevant, actually.
[/quote]
Neither Obama nor McCain had presidential experience...they were in the same boat.

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1350794235' post='2495557']
This is why I find almost everything you say absolutely contemptuous. You know that is not what I am saying. Either that or whoever taught you to read did you a grave and serious disservice.
[/quote]
I find your face absolutely contemptuous.

Since my sarcasm apparently flew straight over your head, the point of my snark was (put in language you'll understand): Who the floopin' hell gives a floopy what subjective emotional state Che was in when he committed his atrocities?

Would you raise similar objections over someone referring to Hitler as "bloodthirsty"? Silly and pointless quibbling. You agree with me that Che was a murderous scumbag. Good. Now go get a life.