An Old School Catholic Message Board

Right Now Who Wins? Obama Or Romney?

Era Might

Three weeks to go. If you had to choose a winner, who do you think is going to win. Not who you want to win or who you'll vote for, but who is actually going to win. I say Obama. Incumbency is tough to defeat.

Romney.

The people in the polls who answer their phones and say Obama are less likely to get out and vote than the ones saying Romney.

eagle_eye222001

Romney.

The polls are based on 2008 turnout. We will not have an identical turnout due to a large group of people who no longer believe in Obama

Since the polls are giving Obama an unjustified push, this means Romney may be winning even if the poll says Obama is up by 5. You can see the frustration in Obama these past few months compared to years ago. He is lost. The media is ready to crown him king, but he knows he's lost. You talk to people who voted for Obama in the past, and their spirits are down. They no longer believe.

You can see the desperation in Obama supporters who are still trying to believe. You could even see it in the moderator at the 2nd presidential debate. She desperately wants Obama to win and it showed during the debate.

I predict a [b]landslide [/b]for Romney. It won't be close.

That said...I believe both candidates should be rejected. My opinion is that Romney is barely better than Obama.....but not enough to warrant support.

God help us.

Edited by eagle_eye222001

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' timestamp='1350600482' post='2494544']I predict a [b]landslide [/b]for Romney. It won't be close.
[/quote]
That I can almost guarantee won't happen. It won't be a landslide on either side.

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='Era Might' timestamp='1350600588' post='2494545']
That I can almost guarantee won't happen. It won't be a landslide on either side.
[/quote]

You believe the polls?

We'll see. At the very least, I think it will be an obvious Romney victory.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Era Might' timestamp='1350598750' post='2494533']
Three weeks to go. If you had to choose a winner, who do you think is going to win. Not who you want to win or who you'll vote for, but who is actually going to win. I say Obama. Incumbency is tough to defeat.
[/quote]

Tell that to Ford, Carter, and George 41.

The incumbant should have an edge. Obama doesn't seem to have that.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1350601193' post='2494549']
Tell that to Ford, Carter, and George 41.

The incumbant should have an edge. Obama doesn't seem to have that.
[/quote]
9 incumbents have lost in 56 presidential elections. Not impossible, of course, but difficult. The president does have an edge in the mere fact that he is the president. He has 4 more years of experience than Mitt Romney does. I wouldn't be shocked if Romney won, but I don't sense there's any great tide of emotion right now in his favor.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='ardillacid' timestamp='1350601648' post='2494554']
Obama will win. I've got 10 bucks here I'll put on the election with anybody here :)
[/quote]
I wouldn't bet Al, though... just saying. :rolleyes:

Obama will win. I've got 10 bucks here I'll put on the election with anybody here :)
[/quote]

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/124657-donation-drive/"]donate it instead.[/url]

[/quote]

The vegas/offshore odds to give Obama roughly a 2/3 chance of winning so going by that, I would be foolish to take Afink's bet :P

[quote name='Tony' timestamp='1350605108' post='2494573']

The vegas/offshore odds to give Obama roughly a 2/3 chance of winning so going by that, I would be foolish to take Afink's bet :P
[/quote]
Unless you only put up $3.