An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Foster Care System

tinytherese

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1350945546' post='2496044']
Social workers have every resposibilty to think worst case scenario with their kids and think of ways to minimize the possibility. It might not be "fair", but they do.
[/quote]

This... exactly this. Sure there may be some excellent 21 year old guy out there that would be an amazing foster parent. It would still be imprudent to place a 17 year old female foster child with him. Yes it is discriminative and stereotypical, but it's also cautionary and that's the part that matters.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1350946526' post='2496056']
Where did I say I didn't believe in humanity?
[/quote]

[quote]You will learn to have less and less faith in humanity as you get older.[/quote]

Exactly. [I]Less[/I] faith. Not oh my goodness (don't blasphemy) PPL R AWFUL! KILL URSELF!!! As you're making it seem.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1350953656' post='2496132']
Exactly. [i]Less[/i] faith. Not oh my goodness (don't blasphemy) PPL R AWFUL! KILL URSELF!!! As you're making it seem.
[/quote]

You implied that I would lose faith in humanity, and that everyone will. These are [i]your [/i]experiences. Don't make the entire population a stereotype. Being a Christian is keeping faith in God and in your fellow man. There are many people twice your age (I know you probably think you're old and experienced, but I'm afraid not as much as you would like to think, just as I am not as much as I would like to think) who have more faith in humanity than you did even when you were really young and believed in the world.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1350964117' post='2496197']

You implied that I would lose faith in humanity, and that everyone will. These are [i]your [/i]experiences. Don't make the entire population a stereotype. Being a Christian is keeping faith in God and in your fellow man. There are many people twice your age (I know you probably think you're old and experienced, but I'm afraid not as much as you would like to think, just as I am not as much as I would like to think) who have more faith in humanity than you did even when you were really young and believed in the world.
[/quote]
I have never met anyone who had the same faith in humanity that they had when they were 16. And what the floppy does that have to so with God? Where Jesus say "Believe in your neighbor as you believe in yourself"?

Seriously, what are you trying to accomplish here? Was Slappo's support of me not enough of a hint for you that your acting retarded?

[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1350965037' post='2496211']
My two foster sons aren't manipulative, they are spoiled. I spoil all my boys.
[/quote]
LOL! Yeah, that's the only way they survive is through manipulation. I'm sure they like being spoiled.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1350965782' post='2496216']
I have never met anyone who had the same faith in humanity that they had when they were 16. And what the floppy does that have to so with God? Where Jesus say "Believe in your neighbor as you believe in yourself"?

Seriously, what are you trying to accomplish here? Was Slappo's support of me not enough of a hint for you that your acting retarded?
[/quote]

I believe it's "you're" Mr. Smarty pantaloons.

I'm not going to think I'm an idiot just because somebody agrees with you. There are people that would agree with me, does that automatically make you an idiot? Slappo supported you in a position that is openly debatable. The Church has yet to take a position on the uncontrollably manipulative ways of foster kids and the rapists that foster parents uncontrollably become by default as soon as there are foster children in their home. I'll get back to you when the Pope gets around to speaking about it.

Edited by FuturePriest387

PhuturePriest

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1350966243' post='2496219']
I'm still waiting for where the Church said Christians must believe in humanity. Lol.
[/quote]

The Church doesn't directly say you must believe in humanity. But believing in people is vital. You must believe in a person if you are to believe that all people can be converted. You have to believe in people and their potential, otherwise you're basically saying "Everyone is going to hell except hopefully me and my fellow Catholics".

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1350966621' post='2496220']

The Church doesn't directly say you must believe in humanity. But believing in people is vital. You must believe in a person if you are to believe that all people can be converted. You have to believe in people and their potential, otherwise you're basically saying "Everyone is going to hell except hopefully me and my fellow Catholics".
[/quote]
You think thats all believeing in people means? Lol. Believeing in people means trusting them. I don't recall being told I need to trust people by any Catholic anywhere.

Edited by r2Dtoo

PhuturePriest

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1350967483' post='2496223']
You think thats all believeing in people means? Lol. Believeing in people means trusting them. I don't recall being told I need to trust people by any Catholic anywhere.
[/quote]

I believe for as smart as you have been claiming to be you should have noted the important difference between "believing [b]in[/b] people" and "believing people". Both are worlds apart in terms of meaning.

Edited by FuturePriest387

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1350965951' post='2496217']
LOL! Yeah, that's the only way they survive is through manipulation. I'm sure they like being spoiled.
[/quote]
That is not really appropriate.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1350968709' post='2496229']
That is not really appropriate.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the "appropriate" line was crossed when he said he hated kids in foster care and that all they did was manipulate. His post to Catherine was just icing on the cake.