An Old School Catholic Message Board

Should Only Table Be Allowed To Post In Reyb Threads?

Groo the Wanderer

Should only table be allowed to post in threads started by reyb?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

But honesty only gets us half way to heaven, only GOD can get us the rest of the way. But anyhow reyb, i was thinking as to whether your what catholics would call sola scriptora 'Only Scripture.' We too as christian members of the holy catholic church believe holy scripture has the power to save. But i just wan't to bring up some scripture, Our LORD Jesus christ says that "truth is a double edged sword." I discern this as hinting that scripture can have more than one meaning but always pointing to The LORD, but to illuminate, this the catechism of the catholic church states there are four ways to discern holy scripture, One is the literal and than there are 3 spirituals, 1 being the prophetic, am sorry i can't remember the other 2 spirituals and have given my catechism away. But even than each spiritual and literal can probably be interpreted in a couple or so ways anyway in itself. This is not wrong because i believe what jesus said "the truth is a double edged sword." This often causes people to fall on the journey because they can't understand that the truth can not be shoved into a neat little box all the time, because GOD is bigger. Another scripture i would like to use illuminate the truth is when saint paul states "no one can reveal the will of GOD perfectly." Is saint paul including himself in this revelation, surely he is not GOD. St paul also states though that "all scripture is usefull." What sayeth ye all on this matter.

Onward christian souls.
JESUS iz LORD.
GOD is Good, GOD is Love, GOD Saves.

Jesus "be baptised and believe and you will be saved." "anyone whom speaks in my name can eventually do no evil."

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

that is my poor effort at explaining what i believe on the matter in my heart. But also lets take this example, "There are four men gazing at the moon, each seeing the same thing but describing it differently,all openly and honestly divuldging the truth of what they see, and leading blind people to know what the moon is,how it looks,the feeling that get from it,etc etc." I'm not talking about witnesses to a robbery though, as some explain the different interpretations of scripture, though that may satisfy also.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

The truth for many is a stumbling block for those whom try and fit GOD into a little black and white box. Though some of holy scripture is literal and fits neatly in a black and white box, some is a more extravagent rainbow of colors, though always leading and directing us to the will of GOD for our lives individualy and communaly. Somone told me st paul at times is directing his sermons to a paticular culture with paticular issues. I believe that but again i stress st pauls words also that "all scripture is usefull."

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye