An Old School Catholic Message Board

Should Only Table Be Allowed To Post In Reyb Threads?

Groo the Wanderer

Should only table be allowed to post in threads started by reyb?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1349881118' post='2491926']
When I meet Moses, I will ask him.
[/quote]

So can I have your permission to continue my request?

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1349881526' post='2491928']

[/quote]
Only if you believe in the Holy Trinity.

And understand the Holy Trinity

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1349753541' post='2491524']
This is my request:

Let us all heed and listen to the appeal of our dear Apostle Paul while we are discussing our differences for he said, ‘No doubt there have to be differences among you to show which of you have God's approval’. (1 Cor 11:19).
[/quote]

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1349881526' post='2491928']
[/quote]

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1349884677' post='2491939']
Only if you believe in the Holy Trinity.

And understand the Holy Trinity
[/quote]

Meaning, you do not want to heed and listen to the appeal of our dear Apostle Paul in order to settle our differences. Am I correct?

Edited by reyb

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1349902864' post='2492061']
Meaning, you do not want to heed and listen to the appeal of our dear Apostle Paul in order to settle our differences. Am I correct?
[/quote]
Meaning I don't want to heed and listen to your warped interpretation of our dear Apostle Paul....which will not settle our differences.

And I love how the only way we can settle our differences is by me submitting to your interpretations.

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1349876591' post='2491915']
Black Hole is not a ‘spiritual truth’ and therefore do not expect to see it in their testimony.

[/quote]
:hehe2:
Shot down! I wish I could give you props Rey!

[quote name='Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye' timestamp='1349827428' post='2491768']

Than why is it not in the lame board ?
[/quote]
There is no such thing as the lame board. It is now the historical Lame board! :hehe2: Soory Rey, I couldn't resist! (It's a pun at Rey's historical Jesus)

[quote name='Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye' timestamp='1349828031' post='2491769']

1. the koran says if you don't convert you are an infedal and must be killed.
[/quote]
A while back when Rey asked a question about the salvation of Muslims. I went to the Muslim forum and asked the question can a non Muslim go to heaven? They pointed me to a Saura that pretty much aligned with the CCC. That all those who live in accordance to the 'truth' of Islam or if you prefer, benevolent mono-theism, can be saved. The Koran has in common with the OT both good things and seemingly or true unpalatable things.

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1349828567' post='2491772']
Let us discuss the issue of predestination later and I am hoping you will bring Augustine with you.
[/quote]
I don't think he was inferring predestination! Just human propensity to make the wrong choices. Just observing the evil behaviour in the world is my guess. Maybe he was a little depressed and like a lot atheists tend to do was blinded to the overwhelming good in the world that shines through the most evil of events.

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1349866111' post='2491895']
So you saying I need to be spiritual, and not religious? [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-taunt014.gif[/img]
[/quote]
Spirituality through religious is the direct and surest way. I suppose the religious that you feel being the one closest to truth is the right one for you. [b]The doctrine of Jesus Christ is pure truth.[/b] If you address that through your Catholic Church then you will attain pure spirituality. But spirituality can be attained through partial truth. Buddhists for one example are known for their love and peaceful co existence and seem to know Jesus in their hearts. Only lacking the truth of the 'Word' Of God. Ignorance is far more tolerant than hard core militant Catholics would like,[b] so it seems[/b]? But ignorance leads to easily being deceived by the devil (Extremist Muslims) likewise one can be a theological scholar and be lacking in spirituality. The wolves amongst the sheep so to speak. So therefore it is best to have both. I'm prepared to devote my love to the CC on the idea that nothing in a fallen world is perfect and the Church is therefore my main connection to Christ.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I was thinking about religion,sacrifice as mercy,spirituality and mystery and this came to me about mystery. Belief in mystery grants us the wisdom to understand that no one knows everything.

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

also what i meant on a previous post (i so often don't get out what i mean properly.) but the reason why not all are nescisarily children of GOD because there incompatible and the two examples of the believe or die and masterbation, these are incompatible with christianity and can not marry.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1349876591' post='2491915']
Black Hole is not a ‘spiritual truth’ and therefore do not expect to see it in their testimony.

You are practically saying, it is not guarantee that a particular ‘thing’ is a lie simply because it is not written in the scripture. Thus, you are trying to prove this concept using ‘black hole’ as an example, and therefore proving as well the truthfulness of the doctrine of the Holy Trinity although it is not clearly written in the scripture.

I am not expecting any Catholic looking at this doctrine (of the Holy Trinity) as ‘physical truth’ like a black hole in the universe, and that is precisely where I am coming in my argument, if the doctrine of the Holy Trinity is truly a ‘spiritual truth’ and from God then, it is impossible for them (to these God chosen people like Abraham, Moses and most especially Apostle Paul) not to mention it because (again), they expressing ‘spiritual truths’ in their testimony. (see 1 Cor 2:13).

It is truly impossible for them to teach this kind of doctrine because the reason and intention in creating this doctrine is already nullifying the very reason why they are bringing everyone to Jesus, and that is, to know God since ‘only the son can reveal his father’. Meaning, if this doctrine is truly the revelation of God about himself then you do not need to see Jesus Christ anymore to reveal his father.
[/quote]

Reyb. What about when jesus said "not everything i do will be recorded in this account." Is he hinting that the whole of the truth can not be contained in one genearation/life time. Therfore sacred scripture including the prophets have not the whole truth, which leads me back to belief also in mystery that grants us the wisdom to understand no one knows everything including the prophets and other writers of the o.t. and n.t.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1349880340' post='2491925']
Your actions and arguments are the very reasons why Apostle Paul made an appeal to all of us on how to settle differences properly but you did not give me the opportunity to explain it further. He said in 1 Cor 4:6-7

'Now, brothers, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, "Do not go beyond what is written." Then you will not take pride in one man over against another. For who makes you different from anyone else? What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as though you did not?'

He said ‘Do not go beyond what is written’ because if you have differences with your brothers and both of you will insist on your arguments which is not written in the scripture. What will happen then if not war and division? Anyway, let us set aside the appeal of Apostle Paul for a while.

So are you saying Apostle Paul is also a believer of this Holy Trinity although he did not write anything about it? Don’t you realize, much more I have the reason to tell you what you just said ‘Big Conjecture’?, Isn’t it? But I understand you and I know you are just trying to defend you faith.

So how about Moses, do you think he is also a believer of this Holy Trinity?
[/quote]

St paul speaks also of the body of christ, "a hand can not say to the foot i do not need you etc etc because than the body would be incomplete." Is the foot to know what the hand knows or visa versa. And my scripture is only words to that effect i don't know exactly word for word what sacred scripture says, i know it in my heart. So maybe paul was a foot and not a hand, he did not know it all. And also St paul sometimes writes paticularily for a paticular communinty and there culture. You can not treat maleria with a cold and flu tablet so to speak. Jesus also re itterates this when he says to the apostles when they where bewildered as to how they could not cast out a paticular demon from somone and he pretty much says not all demons are to be cast out the same way, to me hinting that a foot can't do what a hand does, and i just realised, hence the hierachy of the holy roman catholic church, although all equal as a part of the body of christ, each with a different mission and strengths.

<edit> and i also wan't to say if you are to be sola scriptora, you must take the scriptures as a whole o.t. and n.t. And saint paul said that "no one can reveal the will of GOD perfectly." Assuming he is also talkign about himself, but even though he states this, he also states that "all scripture is usefull."

<edit2> sorry for my grammer it is pretty shonky.

[quote name='Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye' timestamp='1349917793' post='2492135']
Reyb. What about when jesus said "not everything i do will be recorded in this account." Is he hinting that the whole of the truth can not be contained in one genearation/life time. Therfore sacred scripture including the prophets have not the whole truth, which leads me back to belief also in mystery that grants us the wisdom to understand no one knows everything including the prophets and other writers of the o.t. and n.t.
[/quote]

First, let me correct your statement. Jesus is not the one who said it but a witness who saw Jesus deeds. He (this witness) said in John 21:25

[indent=1]‘Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written’.[/indent]

Are you referring to this verse?

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1349919697' post='2492150']
First, let me correct your statement. Jesus is not the one who said it but a witness who saw Jesus deeds. He (this witness) said in John 21:25

[indent=1]‘Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written’.[/indent]

Are you referring to this verse?
[/quote]

Yes that would be the verse.
<edit> which also brings us into the realm of sacred tradition. And for me personaly that jesus still does things to this day that aren't written down of course though some accounts of the lord are written in the works of the saints, and i'm not saying that there aren't saints outside of the holy roman catholic church therfore not denying what was accounted to jesus saying "i have other flocks." and "those outside of the fold will be judged by the law written on there own hearts."

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1349905116' post='2492066']
Meaning I don't want to heed and listen to your warped interpretation of our dear Apostle Paul....which will not settle our differences.

And I love how the only way we can settle our differences is by me submitting to your interpretations.
[/quote]

Since you accepted Paul as your Apostle in the same way I accepted him too as my dear Apostle, and because you tell me in my face that I am distorting his words in relation to his appeal. Can you now please tell me what he really meant in this letter?

The way I looked at it, he is not telling us to submit in anyone’s conviction or belief. Just like in our case, he is not saying, I will submit to your belief or you will submit to mine because he said

[indent=1]‘Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God.’ (1 Cor 4:5).[/indent]

Let me summarize his appeal (of course this is as far as I am concern) on how to settle our differences properly.

1. Let us settle our differences out of love to one another since Jesus Christ gave his life for all of us.
2. Do not go beyond what is written while we are discussing our differences so that no one will take pride over another.
3. Judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes.

Now since you think differently on how to settle our differences and proudly said I am wrong in reading Apostle Paul’s appeal. (Meaning, you have a correct understanding of him). Can you now please explain to me what is that ‘foolishness of God’ he mentioned in 1 Cor 1:25? (Because it has something to do with this appeal).

Apostle Paul said in1 Cor 1:16-25

[indent=1]For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel — not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power. For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written:[/indent]

[indent=1]"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;[/indent]
[indent=1]the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate." [/indent]

[indent=1]Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.[/indent]

----------------------
I really want to learn from you. So, can you please tell me what is that ‘foolishness of God’?

[quote name='Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye' timestamp='1349922151' post='2492178']
Yes that would be the verse.
<edit> which also brings us into the realm of sacred tradition. And for me personaly that jesus still does things to this day that aren't written down of course though some accounts of the lord are written in the works of the saints, and i'm not saying that there aren't saints outside of the holy roman catholic church therfore not denying what was accounted to jesus saying "i have other flocks." and "those outside of the fold will be judged by the law written on there own hearts."
[/quote]

Where did you get this idea that this ‘unwritten deeds of Jesus’ is referring to ‘Sacred Tradition’ of Catholic Church?

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1349905116' post='2492066']
Meaning I don't want to heed and listen to[b] your warped interpretation of our dear Apostle Pau[/b]l....which will not settle our differences.

[/quote]

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1349924288' post='2492187']

[b]Since ....you tell me in my face that I am distorting his words in relation to his appeal. ....... Meaning, you have a correct understanding of him[/b]. Can you now please explain to me what is that ‘foolishness of God’ he mentioned in 1 Cor 1:25?

[/quote]

What is that 'foolishness of God' according to Apostle Paul?