An Old School Catholic Message Board

Should Only Table Be Allowed To Post In Reyb Threads?

Groo the Wanderer

Should only table be allowed to post in threads started by reyb?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here's my request:

Let us all heed and listen to Jesus Christ Himself,

"Jesus said to them, "Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him." --John 6:53-56

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1349779741' post='2491583']
Here's my request:

"Jesus said to them, "Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him." --John 6:53-56
[/quote]

So how can we use your request to make our discussion fruitful? Why not save your request for a while and then let us discuss it later whether Jesus is truly referring to your Holy Eucharist or not?

So, do you agree to my request that let us discuss our differences out of love to one another?

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1349787870' post='2491610']

So how can we use your request to make our discussion fruitful? Why not save your request for a while and then let us discuss it later whether Jesus is truly referring to your Holy Eucharist or not?

So, do you agree to my request that let us discuss our differences out of love to one another?
[/quote]
I believe it has been made very clear what our differences are. Where are you going with this?

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1349788420' post='2491615']
I believe it has been made very clear what our differences are. Where are you going with this?
[/quote]

We are not yet in any topic to settle our differences although we are already having an on-going discussion about many things. At this moment, we are still in the process whether we will respond to the appeal of Apostle Paul - on how to settle our differences properly - or not.

So, are we together to settle our differences out of love from one another since Jesus Christ died for us? Or you will remain worldly as Apostle Paul said in 1 Cor 3:1-4

[indent=1]'Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual but as worldly — mere infants in Christ. I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready. You are still worldly . For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly ? Are you not acting like mere men?'[/indent]

Now, if you will choose the later then I will not participate in that discussion because I am not your enemy, and I have no reason to make war with you as of today. Maybe tomorrow when you leave this world then you may not find me as you want me to be just like what Apostle Paul is saying in 2 Cor 12:19-21

[indent=1]'Have you been thinking all along that we have been defending ourselves to you? We have been speaking in the sight of God as those in Christ; and everything we do, dear friends, is for your strengthening. For I am afraid that when I come I may not find you as I want you to be, and you may not find me as you want me to be . I fear that there may be quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, factions, slander, gossip, arrogance and disorder. I am afraid that when I come again my God will humble me before you, and I will be grieved over many who have sinned earlier and have not repented of the impurity, sexual sin and debauchery in which they have indulged.'[/indent]

So for now, make your day and be happy since, as of this moment, it is still your call.

Edited by reyb

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1349794638' post='2491623']
Translation please.
[/quote]
I just read the first half of the first sentence, and the last half of the last sentence, and call it a day.

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1349794330' post='2491622']
We are not yet in any topic to settle our differences [...] since, as of this moment, it is still your call.
[/quote]

Done and done.

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1349794638' post='2491623']
Translation please.
[/quote]

Catholics and Protestants might not kill each other physically but, I am sure none of you learn to listen to the appeal of Apostle Paul on how to settle your differences without necessarily mean ‘divided’. This act of divisiveness is not a godly act but a worldly act since both of you (Catholics and Protestants) never learn to settle your differences out of love to one another. Catholics and Protestants are practically quarrelling over a thing which is not fully known to both of them and that is, Christ himself.

I said you will see me when you leave this world. Yes, you will but I know you do not believe me but I am sure you will because that is the time of our ‘gathering’. Of course, it is not physical gathering so do not expect me to see physically but spiritually.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Mark of the Cross' timestamp='1349733317' post='2491383']
Blessings be upon you! I would give you props if I could. Sadly I'm a bit perturbed at the flack 'Table' seems to be getting. I hope this is jest that he's in on. He's undoubtedly hard to understand at times. But within his posts I see a very devout and spiritual person who has a good understanding of scripture. Better than many. Besides he's an Ozgaroo and a friend of mine so watch it!
[img]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/183/379/253833_213192708712999_213192372046366_700685_2680605_n.jpg?1318052725[/img]
The Phamily
[/quote]

Which one of these people is Winchester? I think he's the guy that just threw the bottle in the name of anarchy and chaos.

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1349797428' post='2491641']

Catholics and Protestants might not kill each other physically but, I am sure none of you learn to listen to the appeal of Apostle Paul on how to settle your differences without necessarily mean ‘divided’. This act of divisiveness is not a godly act but a worldly act since both of you (Catholics and Protestants) never learn to settle your differences out of love to one another. Catholics and Protestants are practically quarrelling over a thing which is not fully known to both of them and that is, Christ himself.

I said you will see me when you leave this world. Yes, you will but I know you do not believe me but I am sure you will because that is the time of our ‘gathering’. Of course, it is not physical gathering so do not expect me to see physically but spiritually.
[/quote]
You reference St. Paul a lot, if not exclusively. You know he was Catholic, right?

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1349768277' post='2491579']
I think we should get Schmoyoho to Songify some of our threads.
[/quote]

I'm backin up backin up backin up backin up cause my daddy taught me good

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Slappo' timestamp='1349812699' post='2491712']
I'm backin up backin up backin up backin up cause my daddy taught me good
[/quote]

I'm a total frickin' Rock Star from Mars - Winning!

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1349751306' post='2491510']
wasn't mocking anyone with this thread.

deflates the humor to have to explain it but here goes...

Table is hard to understand most of the time.
Reyb is hard to understand and goes out of his way to NOT understand what is being posted.

ergo...putting them into the same threads might prove to be both humorous and fruitful

way to punch the llama, mark
[/quote]
I got that it was prolly humour but you might note I was unsure and from Tabs response he is unsure and enduring a degree of pain from it. Besides I was prolly pee'd that I wasn't included. I was just trying to give a gentle reminder to make it clear that it is only fun and not personal. Wasn't intending to point the finger at you, the Llama or anyone else. I love the humour here its what attracts me to PM and I'm in no position to criticize anyone.[i] Let he who is free of sin cast the first stone.[/i] Peace bro Hope we're friends.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1349797551' post='2491642']
Which one of these people is Winchester? I think he's the guy that just threw the bottle in the name of anarchy and chaos.
[/quote]
:hehe2:
They're all Winchester avatars! Except for the one under the table which is me.

Edited by Mark of the Cross

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1349764755' post='2491576']

Thus, in my eyes all Christians, all Islam, all Buddhist, each and every person for all generations and even those who do not believe in God are all members of the Church of Christ because Jesus Christ died for all of us without anyone being exempted, and in that Church I consider myself to a part.
[/quote]
Some from each of those groups. I fear Augustines (was it he) lament that most humans are destined for hell.

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1349779741' post='2491583']
Here's my request:

[/quote]
Certainty! As long as it is complete in the spirit and not just lip service.

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1349798604' post='2491647']
You reference St. Paul a lot, if not exclusively. You know he was Catholic, right?
[/quote]

He is not a Catholic in the same way your early church father is. He is not a believer of Holy Trinity. You can see in his letters that he is mentioning about God, Christ and Holy Spirit but he never mention or touch anything about the doctrine of the Holy Trinity. All true witnesses of God like Abraham, Moses, Elijah, Jonah and Paul are all ‘Christians’ since they belong to Christ for having the Spirit of Christ (I already explained this before). But none of them are worshipper of this 'Holy Trinity' therefore none of them are Roman Catholics or Protestant Christians.

Your early church fathers claimed he belongs to them in the same way Gnostics claimed Apostle Paul is also a Gnostic like them. But, he was not a member of any of these groups because the Jesus he is preaching is different from the Jesus they are proclaiming (please see 2 Cor 11:4)

[indent=1]‘ For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached,...’[/indent]

Edited by reyb

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

[quote name='tinytherese' timestamp='1349761127' post='2491563']
ReyB and Table, you do realize that this is just a thread for humor and parody right?
[/quote]

Than why is it not in the lame board ?