An Old School Catholic Message Board

Tell Them Not

reyb

KnightofChrist

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1348205586' post='2484967']
For me, knowing Him as the only Christ of God is the same as knowing everything about Him.

It seems it is not enough for you to know him as the Christ because you want more and you are truly positive that, ‘God’s revelation is not enough to know everything about Jesus.’ If that is the case, if God's revelation is not enough, from whom do you expect to receive what is lacking in knowing Jesus?
[/quote]

I think I should understand that better, if I had it written down: but I can't quite follow it as you say it.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' timestamp='1348206770' post='2484971']
I think I should understand that better, if I had it written down: but I can't quite follow it as you say it.
[/quote]

Sorry I edited my previous post.

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1348205586' post='2484967']
For me, when God reveals that 'Jesus is Christ'. He already reveals everything about Him. Thus, I can say, knowing Him as the only Christ of God [b]is the same as knowing everything about Him[/b].
[/quote]

you are dead wrong buddy. you claim right here in your own words that God has revealed everything about Jesus to you. bull. Tell me then...how old exactly IS the universe? Jesus was there at the beginning. This was revealed to you per your statement. What exactly happened to the dinosaurs? Jesus was there.

Better yet - explain in detail the mystery of the Holy Trinity. How can 1 God be 3 divine persons exactly? Nobody fully understand it, hence why it is a mystery. But you DO understand it you claim, because God has revealed[b] everything [/b]to you about Jesus. [b] You said so yourself.[/b]

Personally, I believe you claim to nothingness, but are afraid to admit it, so you wrap yourself in word games and redefine language in your own terms to hide the fact.

I believe we are done here. Good day sir.

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1348224510' post='2484996']
you are dead wrong buddy. you claim right here in your own words that God has revealed everything about Jesus to you. bull. Tell me then...how old exactly IS the universe? Jesus was there at the beginning. This was revealed to you per your statement. What exactly happened to the dinosaurs? Jesus was there.

Better yet - explain in detail the mystery of the Holy Trinity. How can 1 God be 3 divine persons exactly? Nobody fully understand it, hence why it is a mystery. But you DO understand it you claim, because God has revealed[b] everything [/b]to you about Jesus. [b] You said so yourself.[/b]

Personally, I believe you claim to nothingness, but are afraid to admit it, so you wrap yourself in word games and redefine language in your own terms to hide the fact.

I believe we are done here. Good day sir.
[/quote]

You make me laugh. Do you still remember that Jesus warned his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Christ? (see Mark 8:30, Matt 16:20) So, how can I tell you everything about him? If only you know Jesus’ secret you will realize that I am not joking or taking you for ride and you will agree with me that your request is not possible.

When you mentioned Holy Trinity, obviously you are now referring to your historical Jesus as the true Christ of God. While on my part, the one I called Lord Jesus Christ is not your historical Jesus but the other Jesus (different from your historical Jesus) mentioned by Apostle Paul in 2 Cor 11:4. To me, this historical Jesus never existed in our world of realities.[background=white] Please see my previous post on this issue.[/background]

Now, since you are the one who believes in your Jesus - the second person of your Trinity - who happens to be there with the dinosaurs, how come I become the one who will explain everything about him?

None, not even my God, can reveal your ‘mysterious’ doctrine because this doctrine is not proper to be called ‘The mystery of God’. Christ is the mystery of God (see Col 2:2) and not this Holy Trinity doctrine.

I am not hiding anything from you. Actually, I am telling you everything I know.

Edited by reyb

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I think on the previous post i would like to add that jesus says that' not all he does will be recorded in this remdition'. Words to that effect anyhow.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1348242252' post='2485038']

You make me laugh. Do you still remember that Jesus warned his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Christ? (see Mark 8:30, Matt 16:20) So, how can I tell you everything about him? If only you know Jesus’ secret you will realize that I am not joking or taking you for ride and you will agree with me that your request is not possible.

When you mentioned Holy Trinity, obviously you are now referring to your historical Jesus as the true Christ of God. While on my part, the one I called Lord Jesus Christ is not your historical Jesus but the other Jesus (different from your historical Jesus) mentioned by Apostle Paul in 2 Cor 11:4. To me, this historical Jesus never existed in our world of realities.[background=white] Please see my previous post on this issue.[/background]

Now, since you are the one who believes in your Jesus - the second person of your Trinity - who happens to be there with the dinosaurs, how come I become the one who will explain everything about him?

None, not even my God, can reveal your ‘mysterious’ doctrine because this doctrine is not proper to be called ‘The mystery of God’. Christ is the mystery of God (see Col 2:2) and not this Holy Trinity doctrine.

I am not hiding anything from you. Actually, I am telling you everything I know.
[/quote]

And the moral of that is: Be what you would seem to be, or if you'd like it put more simply: Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' timestamp='1348245682' post='2485055']
And the moral of that is: Be what you would seem to be, or if you'd like it put more simply: Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
[/quote]

You will end up becoming a hypocrite by pleasing and having the approval of man rather than God. Are you not a free man? Why should you let everyone or anyone ‘forms’ you the way they want you to be rather than seek the approval of God by showing yourself who you really are? Be honest and do not lie even to yourself rather than be what others would want you to be.

The moral lesson is this: Let God be the only judge.

[quote name='sixpence' timestamp='1348269774' post='2485223']
think that reyb believes 1 Cortinthians 2 refers to solely him. Do you agree reyb?
[/quote]

Are you asking me if Apostle Paul is referring to historical Jesus in these verses? Can you please clarify your question?

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1348270179' post='2485228']
Are you asking me if Apostle Paul is referring to historical Jesus in these verses? Can you please clarify your question?
[/quote]

no I'm asking if you think it refers to yourself... sorry for the confusion

KnightofChrist

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1348269179' post='2485218']
You will end up becoming a hypocrite by pleasing and having the approval of man rather than God. Are you not a free man? Why should you let everyone or anyone ‘forms’ you the way they want you to be rather than seek the approval of God by showing yourself who you really are? Be honest and do not lie even to yourself rather than be what others would want you to be.

The moral lesson is this: Let God be the only judge.
[/quote]

Stop. That is not spoken correctically. Why is a raven like a writing desk?

To summarize this discussion:

This is what you (Catholics) are telling us.

God’s revelation is not enough to know the true nature of Jesus and everything about him and this is the reason why Jesus warned his disciples not to tell anybody that he is the Christ.

Okay. So I will stop from here and I will let you (Catholic Scholars) see and hear it yourself since you are already preaching about him.

Groo the Wanderer

or you can put ketchup on your donuts, either way a dachsund does not a ravioli pillow make. except on the 2nd tueday of the month. so spake zarasthrustra