An Old School Catholic Message Board

Let's Get To Know Satan A Bit Better

jeffpugh

cathoholic_anonymous

I believe that if I devote myself to learning as much as I can about God, deepening my prayer life, etc., I will have no reason to think about Satan all that much. There won't be room for him in my head.

I know too much about Satan and his workings than is good for me. After all, I was one of his star pupils. As I have turned against him, I do not doubt he is hatching some cruel revenge in due time. Of course, that just means I have to make my newfound sanctity worth it.

While he may be a dog on a leash, I was foolish enough to get too close.

[quote name='Dismas' post='1439529' date='Dec 29 2007, 01:20 PM'][color="#FF0000"]I know too much about Satan and his workings than is good for me. After all, I was one of his star pupils. [/color] As I have turned against him, I do not doubt he is hatching some cruel revenge in due time. Of course, that just means I have to make my newfound sanctity worth it.

While he may be a dog on a leash, I was foolish enough to get too close.[/quote]
[color="#FF0000"]If it is not too personal could you elaborate on this?[/color]

Edited by carrdero

I have to admit that I too know him a bit better than is good for me. I can't seem to avoid him or his minions. They follow me were ever I go.

[quote]Dismas writes: I know too much about Satan and his workings than is good for me.[/quote]
[quote]Mercy Me writes: I have to admit that I too know him a bit better than is good for me.[/quote]

I’m sorry to be persistent but I feel that this is an interesting topic and that an accurate understanding of this BEing entitled Satan is in order.

What is your understanding of Satan? Describe Satan?

What knowledge or sources are you using to compare and identify Satan and his minions?

How do you know that this is Satan and not any other entity?

How long have you known Satan and how many years has this relationship been developing?

How does one become or almost become a minion of Satan?

[quote]Mercy Me writes: I can't seem to avoid him or his minions. They follow me were ever I go.[/quote]
What methods of detection do you use to indicate that they are following you?

Why are they following you and not others?

What does Satan and his minions look like?

[quote name='carrdero' post='1439634' date='Dec 29 2007, 02:50 PM'][color="#FF0000"]If it is not too personal could you elaborate on this?[/color][/quote]
Well, sure there's the standard list of college debauchery, but I suppose that doesn't go very far nowadays. So, I also started dabbling in the occult, and no it wasn't ouiji boards or newspaper astrology.

Who is Satan? Well, I'm not touching the demonology, but there's the human "adversary" as well. He's a charming man/woman who can walk through a crowded room, often unnoticed, and simply by conversing, makes those he meets just a little more selfish every time. The really bad ones do it intentionally, and are entertained, or rather sated, by the fallout that occurs.

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1440096' date='Dec 30 2007, 08:12 PM']Our Lord called him a "murderer from the the beginning".[/quote]
What he is called and what is evidenced could very well be considered the "pot" calling the kettle "black".

[color="#000080"][b][i]I kill ... I wound ... I will make my arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh. -- Deuteronomy 32:39-42 [/i][/b]

[size=3][b]How many people did God kill in the Bible?[/b] [/size]

It's impossible to say for sure, but plently. How many did God drown in the flood or burn to death in Sodom and Gomorrah? How many first-born Egyptians did he kill? There's just no way to count them all.

But sometimes the Bible tells us exactly how many were killed by God. Here's a list of those that I can find. (If you find any that I've missed, let me know and I'll add them to the list.)

So far I come up with a total of [b][i][u]2,270,365 [/u][/i][/b](not inlcuding, at least in some cases, women and children). [/color]

Looks like the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

Ok. That's it. I am all out of cliches.

Edited by carrdero

[indent]Before we continue this discussion, I have a question.
Do you think Satan is aware that he is against God and he is Satan?[/indent]

[quote name='carrdero' post='1439442' date='Dec 29 2007, 02:11 AM'][b]Let's Get To Know Satan A Bit Bitter Shall We?[/b]
Does anyone here know Satan personally?[/quote]

Lived with him for most my life...

[quote name='reyb' post='1440431' date='Dec 31 2007, 09:37 AM'][indent]Before we continue this discussion, I have a question.
Do you think Satan is aware that he is against God and he is Satan?[/indent][/quote]
I'll take a shot at this one.
The answer would be yes, and very yes. Angels are pure spirit. Therefore, because they are not corporal, they interact differently than us. As pure spirits, they have the ability to totally realize whats going on with them, because they are "simple" beings with fewer parts than us. Therefore, when they act, they do so with their entire being. Satan knew exactly that he would completely and willfully change his being when turning against God, that is, refuse to worship God as God deserves (for being creator of the universe and creator of ALL that is SEEN and UNSEEN).

Edited by Sacred Music Man