An Old School Catholic Message Board

Where Should Byz Celebrate Exaltation Of The Holy Cross?

Byzantine

Hey all, I'm having a tough time choosing where to celebrate Exaltation of the Holy Cross.

On the one hand, I could go to my own church for Great Vespers with Liturgy. There, I would probably have to fight anger, deal with the cantor, have to reteach Vespers to a server I don't particularly like, and basically... Bleh. However, it [i]is[/i] Byzantine Rite, and the priest would probably appreciate it if I did the altar-sitting for him.

On the other hand, I could go to Franciscan's Mass. It would probably be much easier to pray there, and less, if any, occasion of anger. But it wouldn't be Byzantine and my priest would be left alone (probably) to deal with everything.

What should I do?

carmenchristi

Going to the Byzantine Liturgy might be a good opportunity to practice patience ;) But just remember that you can't fix everything/teach everyone all they need to know in the one hour max that you will have before the Liturgy. So if you decide to go, take some deep breaths tell the Lord that "This is not how I would have liked things to go, but it's out of my hands. I offer it to You." Just pray about it and decide...