An Old School Catholic Message Board

Voter Id Laws: A Fake Solution To A Fake Problem

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1350062287' post='2492800']

You said yourself--you said what you said "rather loudly." Clearly, you were trying to get attention, or am I mistaken?
[/quote]

I have a loud voice that carries naturally. I was trying to get the attention of my wife. Yes, you are very mistaken.

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1350062458' post='2492801']

I have a loud voice that carries naturally. I was trying to get the attention of my wife. Yes, you are very mistaken.
[/quote]

So, you're telling us that you did not intend for others to hear and laugh at your timely witticism?

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1350063062' post='2492807']

So, you're telling us that you did not intend for others to hear and laugh at your timely witticism?
[/quote]

methinks you and reyb may be the same being. you both jump to a lot of conclusions through hoops in vain attempts to make your point.

you know, Islam also states that when reality does not fit their beliefs, they are to change reality to match Islam. you seems to be struggling to do the same thing. just sayin bro...

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1350063684' post='2492815']

methinks you and reyb may be the same being. you both jump to a lot of conclusions through hoops in vain attempts to make your point.

you know, Islam also states that when reality does not fit their beliefs, they are to change reality to match Islam. you seems to be struggling to do the same thing. just sayin bro...
[/quote]

That's because I am a closet Muslim.

Or I [i]was,[/i] until I just came out to you. The closet was stuffy and filled with burqas and hollowed out flack jackets.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1346638078' post='2477733']
You know, I expected the people arguing against Hasan here to be saying "No, these ID requirements dont prevent citizens from voting" or maybe "Yes, that is a concern, but it can be mitigated in these ways, and is IMO a risk worth taking for the perceived reward."

But instead it is full of people saying "The people who will be excluded(little argument about that there) dont matter anyways, because I think they are losers and leeches. Since they are poor(and thus, obviously lazy) they dont need to have the right to vote."

Reprehensible and completely pathetic. The people who fought and died for democracy in your country would spit in your face.
[/quote]

EEWWWWW!!! Zombie spit!!! It's not contagious, is it?

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1346638078' post='2477733']
You know, I expected the people arguing against Hasan here to be saying "No, these ID requirements dont prevent citizens from voting" or maybe "Yes, that is a concern, but it can be mitigated in these ways, and is IMO a risk worth taking for the perceived reward."

But instead it is full of people saying "The people who will be excluded(little argument about that there) dont matter anyways, because I think they are losers and leeches. Since they are poor(and thus, obviously lazy) they dont need to have the right to vote."

Reprehensible and completely pathetic. The people who fought and died for democracy in your country would spit in your face.
[/quote][size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial', 'sans-serif][font=Arial]I sincerely believe you are very wrong. People I know, like my immigrant father, who fought for the democracy of this Country, and ended up dying from injuries suffered during the war would not want to spit in my face. Considering the sacrifice and effort expended by these people for the right to vote democratically. I think that whining about the effort and time to put into vote is more demeaning of their sacrifice than the concept that the right to vote is a burdensome responsibility, and does require effort and thought. Being poor or rich is not indicative of being lazy. Complaining about getting an ID that is pretty much a standard item that is needed to participate in many aspects of American society is generally indicative of a lazy attitude and is concerning of how much effort and thought they put in when exercising the right to vote that people have shed blood to secure for them.[/font][/font][/color]

[color=#222222][font=Arial', 'sans-serif]There is a fundamental difference of valuing a Right between the two statements: "That's my Right, give it to me!" vs "That's my Right, I will work to obtain and exercise it.". Based on my experiences with my father and other family members who serve(d) in the military, the second statement is much more accurate of the people I know who sacrificed for our right to vote and disagree.[/font][/color][/size]

Groo the Wanderer

[color=#282828][font='Open Sans', sans-serif]easy analysis:[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font='Open Sans', sans-serif]1. either Romney or Obama WILL win the election[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font='Open Sans', sans-serif]2. a vote for neither is the same as a vote for Obama[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font='Open Sans', sans-serif]3. neither is truly pro life, but Romney is closer, hence an improvement[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font='Open Sans', sans-serif]4. SO WHY THE FLOOPY WOULD YOU THROW AWAY A CHANCE AT EVEN A LITTLE IMPROVEMENT BY VOTING FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW CANNOT WIN??!?![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font='Open Sans', sans-serif]that's like not praying in front of the abortion clinic because you might only save 1 life out of the 50 that day. save the 1 when you can for pete's sakes![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font='Open Sans', sans-serif]REALLY PHOLKS!?!?!?![/font][/color]