An Old School Catholic Message Board

Romney... Are Mormons Really Pro-life?

southern california guy

southern california guy

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1346543138' post='2477354']
Mormons are very pro-life. I can't ascertain whether Romney is pro-life.
[/quote]

"Pro-life" is kind of vague. They believe abortions are okay in cases of rape, incest, or threat to the mothers health -- including mental health.

southern california guy

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1346555935' post='2477456']
He said at the convention he would outlaw abortion in all cases. I know politicians seem to say a lot, but this is what he said.
[/quote]

[color=#ff0000][b][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"My position has been clear throughout this campaign,"[/font][/b][/color][color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Romney said.[/font][/color][b][color=#800000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][/color][color=#ff0000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"I'm in favor of abortion being legal in the case of rape and incest, and the health and life of the mother."[/font][/color][/b]

PhuturePriest

[quote name='southern california guy' timestamp='1346557048' post='2477466']
[color=#ff0000][b][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"My position has been clear throughout this campaign,"[/font][/b][/color][color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Romney said.[/font][/color][b][color=#800000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][/color][color=#ff0000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"I'm in favor of abortion being legal in the case of rape and incest, and the health and life of the mother."[/font][/color][/b]
[/quote]

Romney contradicting himself? How peculiar...

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1346555935' post='2477456']
He said at the convention he would outlaw abortion in all cases. I know politicians seem to say a lot, but this is what he said.
[/quote]

Everything that comes out of the mouth of a politician like Romney (or Obama, for that matter) is calculated, soulless propaganda designed to do absolutely nothing besides gain him power. They will lie without a second though, if it's useful. They will throw anything and everything under the bus if it furthers their own sociopathic agenda.

[quote name='southern california guy' timestamp='1346556837' post='2477464']
"Pro-life" is kind of vague. They believe abortions are okay in cases of rape, incest, or threat to the mothers health -- including mental health.
[/quote]

better than obama who is for abortion in all cases including late term abortions and killing a baby that survived a botched abortion and is born.

Clare~Therese

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1346557165' post='2477467']
Romney contradicting himself? How peculiar...
[/quote]

That's not peculiar, sir. That's politics. Politicians generally seem to pander and waffle and say what they can to get votes from certain people and then change their mind later.

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1346544215' post='2477363']
I know Romney's record is quite mixed on whether he's pro-life or not. Jon Stewart once joked that the unit of time "The Romney" was the amount of time it took him to do a complete 180 on a deeply held belief.

A few years ago, Romney at least signed a law that [url="http://www.massresistance.org/docs/gen/07d/buffer_bill_110107.html"]included public funding for abortion and established Planned Parenthood as an official adviser to the government in Massachusetts[/url]; after he donated money to Citizens for Life. NARAL has [url="http://www.prochoiceamerica.org/elections/2012/gop-presidential-candidates/mitt-romney.html"]criticized him for going from pro-choice to anti-choice.[/url] Jane Romney, his sister, says [url="http://www.nationaljournal.com/2012-election/jane-romney-my-brother-won-t-ban-abortion-20120829"]he's very in the middle on abortion[/url], and that it shouldn't be an issue at all.
[/quote]

You do realize that Jon Stewart is a paid clown and therefore not a very good place to receive your political views from. I would place him on the same level of political expertise as MTV, saturday morning cartoons your average pre-schooler.

ed

[quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1346700581' post='2477924']
You do realize that Jon Stewart is a paid clown and therefore not a very good place to receive your political views from. I would place him on the same level of political expertise as MTV, saturday morning cartoons your average pre-schooler.

ed
[/quote]

You do realize that just because I mention him doesn't mean that's the only place I get my political news? It was this thing called a "joke". :P

As for your other opinion, okay, glad you're informed enough to have an opinion. I'll tell MTV star [url="http://www.salon.com/2010/08/03/obama_should_apologize_to_snooki/"]Snooki that her comments about Obama raising taxes on tanning[/url] are more politically astute than the comedian being paid to make fun of her.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1346557443' post='2477468']
Everything that comes out of the mouth of a politician like Romney (or Obama, for that matter) is calculated, soulless propaganda designed to do absolutely nothing besides gain him power. [b]They will lie without a second though[/b], if it's useful. They will throw anything and everything under the bus if it furthers their own sociopathic agenda.
[/quote]

Nah they have a second thought... its "darn if I said [b]this lie [/b]it might have swayed more voters!" Followed by a third thought... "how can we spin this to make people think I'm believable?"

[quote name='Slappo' timestamp='1346876634' post='2478912']

Nah they have a second thought... its "darn if I said [b]this lie [/b]it might have swayed more voters!" Followed by a third thought... "how can we spin this to make people think I'm believable?"
[/quote]

More like they lie first, think about it, then lie again, and maybe a third time.

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1346544846' post='2477373']
he is somewhat pro-life which is way more than der fuhrer. ryan is very pro life which means we could get him after romney. not a bad improvement over the present deathmonger, methinks.
[/quote]

every 4 years I get to make this argument:

There is no such thing as sort of pregnant, kinda married, pretty much dead or somewhat pro-life. There are degrees of prochoice. The sprectrum can range from "Abortion at any time up to birth (or after)" to "only incases of rape incest or health" But you are either pro-life or you're not.