An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cardinal Dolan, Obama, And The Al Smith Dinner

LittleWaySoul

I see your point ed. However, I think the Cardinal had good intentions and this whole thing has been blown out of proportion. I may be wrong but that is my humble opinion. :saint2:

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1345851312' post='2473740']
I see your point ed. However, I think the Cardinal had good intentions and this whole thing has been blown out of proportion. I may be wrong but that is my humble opinion. :saint2:
[/quote]

I agree with you, good intentions certainly, but he should have weighed the medias bias in favor of the President and the medias bias against the catholic church. Maybe even considered the 52% of catholics that voted for Obama last go around and the chance that this may be used to sway impressionable or liberal catholics into thinking the church likes Obama, afterall Cardinal Dolan is in a picture shaking the Presidents hand with a big smile on his face at the Al Smith dinner.

ed

[quote name='BigJon16' timestamp='1345842542' post='2473675']
I think that says it all. The Cardinal has spoken. End of Story. The more we gossip and debate about it, the more scandal it creates.
[/quote]

Amen.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='emmaberry101' timestamp='1350617373' post='2494680']
Forgive me if this is on VS, but I found it hilarious.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejqcFZttM4Y[/media]
[/quote]
i hate Romney's smarmy smile.

dominicansoul

[quote name='emmaberry101' timestamp='1350617373' post='2494680']
Forgive me if this is on VS, but I found it hilarious.
[/quote]

That was pretty funny! I liked how gracious he was to Obama after all those zingers. I may be mistaken, but i think you can hear Cardinal Dolan's bellowing laughter after every joke...