An Old School Catholic Message Board

Virgin, Qantas, And Men

BG45

Should Men be Allowed to Sit Next to Unacomppanied Minors?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1345582755' post='2471413']
I wonder how many men are turned off careers working with children because they know they'll spend their lives being scrutinised and having their intentions second-guessed. We need more good men working with young people, especially boys, to give them good male role models, but we're missing out because of this stupid paranoia.
[/quote]

I wonder how many men might have become priests but never gave it a chance for that reason. :(

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1345583000' post='2471419']
I wonder how many men might have become priests but never gave it a chance for that reason. :(
[/quote]
Our PP told us how he overheard a mother to warn her child not to go near him. :( ouch! Our previous PP obviously had an eye for young women entering our RCIA. To me it was a Fatherly interest. It must be very lonely being a priest and therefore it is only natural that a priest will take more notice of a young female. But I wonder how many saw it in a different light.