An Old School Catholic Message Board

Crazy Theory Or Plauseable Thruth?

Annie12

cmotherofpirl

The Chinese as a nation may have heard something of Christianity, but that does not mean they have ALL heard the Gospel for themselves. Ditto for Southeast Asia and all parts of South America. There is a big difference between knowing something exists and hearing it for yourself.

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1342123140' post='2455101']
In response to Annie's first post....
I had never heard of the 100 years of Satan. You have any articles??
[/quote]
This article looks pretty good. http://suite101.com/article/the-mystical-ecstasy-of-pope-leo-xiii-a94663. :D

If you really want to have fun with the Garabandaling and three days of darkness, you should visit www.thewarningsecondcoming.com Now this has not been approved by the Church (nor has it been disallowed either) but It's all they talk about.

I haven't made my mind up on the site. I haven't seen anything that is against Catholic teaching but I haven't seen anything that makes me a believer either. I read the posts and try to keep an open mind

dells_of_bittersweet

The Bible also says that you will not have preached in all the towns in Judea before I return. So while the Gospel will be preached many places, this indicates that the world will end before every last nook and cranny of earth gets preached to.

[quote name='jaime' timestamp='1342227253' post='2455467']
If you really want to have fun with the Garabandaling and three days of darkness, you should visit www.thewarningsecondcoming.com Now this has not been approved by the Church (nor has it been disallowed either) but It's all they talk about.

I haven't made my mind up on the site. I haven't seen anything that is against Catholic teaching but I haven't seen anything that makes me a believer either. I read the posts and try to keep an open mind
[/quote]

I don't pay attention to Garabandal because It seems kinda "out there".

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1342285304' post='2455626']
I don't pay attention to Garabandal because It seems kinda "out there".
[/quote]

more than three days of darkness?

[quote name='jaime' timestamp='1342297751' post='2455660']

more than three days of darkness?
[/quote]
yes. Padre Pio was given the message about the 3 days of darkness. That seems credible to me. Garabandal has some claims that don't sit right with me.

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1342396861' post='2455911']
yes. Padre Pio was given the message about the 3 days of darkness.
[/quote]

Is there a source for this? I might've missed it, but it seems Padre Pio's part in this revelation of the 3 days is something in dispute.

fides' Jack

[quote name='Ice_nine' timestamp='1342417892' post='2455993']
Is there a source for this? I might've missed it, but it seems Padre Pio's part in this revelation of the 3 days is something in dispute.
[/quote]

I think I dispute it. I've never seen a credible source for this, other than some third-party website saying that "someone once asked Padre Pio" and he said, "Of course!" - or some other such nonsense.

I could be wrong, but I've never seen anything even remotely credible about Padre Pio's involvement here.

Weren't there other saints who supposedly were attributed with the three days of darkness? It seems to me like I have seen a long list of saints who have supposedly spoke about the three days of darkness.

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1342491566' post='2456258']
Weren't there other saints who supposedly were attributed with the three days of darkness? It seems to me like I have seen a long list of saints who have supposedly spoke about the three days of darkness.
[/quote]

Garabandal ain't seeming so wackadoo now...

[quote name='jaime' timestamp='1342497449' post='2456285']

Garabandal ain't seeming so wackadoo now...
[/quote]
I don't follow your thinking. One of the claims of garabandal is that the church will have a negative decision on it. How could anything in line with church teaching make such a claim?!?!

fides' Jack

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1342543659' post='2456367']
I don't follow your thinking. One of the claims of garabandal is that the church will have a negative decision on it. How could anything in line with church teaching make such a claim?!?!
[/quote]

I don't even know what this comment means.

Mainly "The Church will have a negative decision on it." What does that mean? The Church will make a bad decision?

Uhg! One of the things garabandal States is that the church, after investigating it will come down with a negative decision (faithful are not supposed to believe it) . I don't see how this apparition could be legit.