An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mac Vs Pc

macguy4143

Spem in alium

In recent years I've owned Dell computers.They've all been fairly good, but the one I have now (a mini Dell) is seriously the most temperamental thing ever. Turns off or hibernates at random times, opens multiple windows when I've only selected the icon once, chooses what work I can save and what I can't without any apparent reason. It's bizarre. :hmmm:

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1340046628' post='2445902']
Acer.
[/quote]

Vaio.

Mac may seem to work better, but their compatiablity completely stinks.

PCs have more fun, because they are more flexible....if you know what I mean. hehe

Edited by ThePenciledOne

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1340050484' post='2445952']
My dad could drink four coffee pots a day if he wanted, and he drinks it straight black with nothing added. He says Starbucks is the most disgusting coffee ever created.
[/quote]

Your Dad is my hero.

I'm of the same cup.

PC's are good for some things and Macs are good for other things. I appreciate the aesthetic value of OS X and like I heard someone say recently (I think it might have been JJ Abrams on TED Talks), when you're using a Mac for creative composition it's almost like it's persuading you to "write something worthy of [it]." Windows is of course more practical and versatile, though. So as a computer science major it's kind of like asking me, "Which is better, hammer or screwdriver?"

And yeah, Starbucks coffee is pretty nasty, imo.. too acidic.. which is why they have to mask it with all their sugary drinks. :P

Mac rocks. I bought my MacBook due to a passionate hatred of Windows Vista and have never gone back. My high school friends all started the 11th grade with non-Mac laptops and by the time we graduated they'd all broken and been replaced with MacBooks.

In all seriousness, they are expensive but IMO they're worth it. I've had barely anything go wrong in the last five or so years, only a few very minor things, and they were all fixed with no fuss, no hassle and no charge.

Toshiba Notebook with 17 inch screen. The thing is fast. The only attraction of a Mac is that they are not targets for the virus/malware/etc terrorists.

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1340104223' post='2446218']
[img]http://oldcomputers.net/pics/C64combo.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Oh I see you finally got that upgrade.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1340103842' post='2446216']
How is hardcore gaming on Macs these days?
[/quote]

Dude... "hardcore gaming on Macs" is an oximoron...

you so silly!

[quote name='sixpence' timestamp='1340132588' post='2446377']
macbook.... problems... can't play on it :( :(
[/quote]

fixed

I am not able to access my comp for the next few days, so I'm trusting Jlol to come through and post the flowchart for deciding which to buy

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1340105657' post='2446223']
Oh I see you finally got that upgrade.
[/quote]

had to save up green stamps.

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1340105154' post='2446221']
Toshiba Notebook with 17 inch screen. The thing is fast. The only attraction of a Mac is that they are not targets for the virus/malware/etc terrorists.
[/quote]

whatever...

[img]http://www.screentekinc.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/CPU-BBQ.jpg[/img]